𝟎𝟐

Yuri Briar had some serious jealousy issues.

First, it started with his sister. Originally, after his parents died, his older sister was all he had left. She took care of him, made sure he could succeed in life, she was Yuri's everything.

After Yuri met y/n and eventually fell in love with her, he had another person he wished to protect. (Even if this person he wanted to protect was pretty good at protecting herself)

He often thought of the idea of having kids with y/n someday, only when she was ready, but would shoo away the thought when he remembered that his kids would take away most of y/n's attention.

For her to suddenly mention kids now was... out of the blue. Surprising. Shocking, actually.

Y/n hadn't spoken a word about children ever since they got married, so really it was just Yuri fantasizing and then swatting away the idea upon realizing the cons.

The young woman glanced at her husband and jumped at the sight of the look on his face, "I-I don't mean like... have kids, I mean adopt! Er... this sounds really weird out of context-"

"Yeah, it does, please elaborate." Yuri sat up and turned to face y/n, "Where'd this come from all of a sudden?"

How was y/n going to explain this one...

"A family member of mine had a kid six years ago, but passed when the boy was three. He bounced around in the system for a little bit, and I was recently contacted about the situation." y/n explained, the partial lie rolling off her tongue easily, "He's family, Yuri, and I've been thinking about adopting him. Of course I wanted to check with you first, but I'm sorry it came out like... that."

No way in hell was she going to admit to his mother being a total psychopath and turning the lady over to the Secret Police, that'd just bring up more questions which would be complicated to answer! Well, complicated to answer without revealing the whole truth.

"Oh no, you don't have to apologize!" Yuri said quickly, a little scatterbrained from the sudden information, "So, he's family?"

"My nephew." y/n confirmed before rubbing the back of her neck, 'To think we're having a conversation like this in a bar of all places. I should've waited but how else was I supposed to ask Corinne for an update?'

She caught the eye of the bartender, who was actually her assigned bodyguard in the middle of a part-time job which was coincidentally at one of Corinne's bars. He glanced towards the bathroom and y/n got the message.

That quick?

Y/n glanced back down at her ice cream, feeling rather relieved, 'Laurence works quickly.'

"I've gotta head to the bathroom real quick." y/n spoke quietly to her husband, "Go ahead and order whatever you want! I'm curious to see what you'll choose!"

"Really? Don't complain if you don't like what I order." Yuri warned and received a little grin.

"I'm sure I'll like whatever you order since I'll be eating it with you." y/n assured him before turning away and calling, "If I don't like it, I'll order more ice cream and eat it right in front of you!"

Yuri watched his wife hurry to the bathroom and sighed dreamily to himself, "And she says I need to take care of myself... I love it when she's like this..."

The bartender, Zain, gave Yuri a wary stare, 'The boss is seriously married to this man??? The hell?'

When y/n rounded the corner to the bathroom, she saw a lady exiting at around the same time. As they passed, the lady slipped a note into her pocket and continued on her way while y/n entered the restroom.