𝟏𝟒

Kilian got quite the earful from his Aunt and his Uncle after the incident, and Yuri made him do push-ups as punishment while y/n was freaking out over the whole ordeal.

For someone who got into fights so often, y/n had quite the negative reaction to the whole situation.

However...

"Young Master Kilian..."

The little boy blinked, looking up with curious eyes as Elena carefully wrapped his hands with bandages after resting an ice packs on his knuckles for a little bit.

He inhaled sharply when the woman's careful gaze met his, "I have one question, about that fight."

Kilian gulped, 'Could it even be called a fight?'

Elena finished wrapping up each of the boy's hands with a satisfied look before tilting her head.

"Did you win?"

...

'HUHHH?!!! D-DID I WIN?!' Kilian thought in disbelief, "Err, well, it wasn't really a fight. All I did was slip, and I fell on him."

"You... slipped and hit him in the face?" Elena echoed with a curious look, and Kilian nodded hastily, "Kilian..."

"Hm?"

"You hit the kid in the face, and you bruised your knuckles." Elena stated, "You can't just slip and do that."

"One of my fists hit the floor, it's the truth!" Kilian said frantically, eyes wide, "I noticed his head was gonna hit one of the tables, so I tried to grab him, but my other hand hit the table and he got hit in the face!"

Elena frowned before blinking, "Huh, it's the truth."

"You could tell...?"

"I kinda have to. I'm an assa— uh, assistant investigator."

Elena looked away quickly when Kilian gave her a puzzled look, "An assistant investigator for...?"

"...murders."

"Huh?"

Kilian had plenty of time to think throughout the day as he studied, and Elena took care of things throughout the house.

He had a number of things to think about, but the first on his list was that dude he saw on the rooftop. Kilian figured he was just some creep at first, but that didn't explain why he was following Anya around all day.

It was after a long few minutes that the little boy dropped his pencil, putting a momentary pause on his homework.

What if... that dude creeping around Anya because those damned scientists were after after her again?

Oh. Oh dear, that wasn't good.

Should he tell y/n? No, she'd have questions. Lots.
And Kilian didn't feel like answering them.

Expertly manipulate Yuri into tracking down them inhumane scientists and getting the SSS to take them down? Nah, way too risky.

Ask Oleander? No.

Ask Elena veryyyy subtly...?

Kilian glanced at Elena who had just finished cleaning up the kitchen, the woman humming to herself.

Yeah, no.

Kilian waved the thought away, 'Not right now, I need to finish my homework. I've got tests coming up soon.'

In an attempt to distract himself from his panicked thoughts, Kilian proceeded to run through every single bit of homework he had, and then some.

Elena had to usher him to bed, and he laid awake even after the woman had tucked him in and left the house.