𝟐𝟎

It took a little while, but Kilian did managed to regain enough consciousness to put together simple thoughts.

He was much more aware as Edith practically dragged him from the car, but still far too dazed to even think of putting up much of a fight, so he kinda just went with it.

Besides, if he was really in danger, he had it in him to use an illusion to get out of harm's way. Just maybe.

They were at some kind of fancy restaurant, the place was mostly closed so they went around the back.

Kilian saw a door open and opened his mouth to warn whoever was about to come out only for Edith to give him a rough shake, leaving his head spinning.

"Don't make a peep." she warned and the boy let out a soft hiccup, his voice dying out instantly.

He felt sorrow when this crazy woman shot the exiting employee through the head, giving the body a round eyed stare as the body was tossed into a pile of garbage before he was dragged on into the building.

'There's a lot of security around here.' Kilian noted, observing Edith's caution as she made her way through the lower level of the restaurant, making her way around the corner.

"And... 8, good they're all here."

'Eight?' Kilian wondered, glancing up at the little rectangular thing messily taped to the wall.

Come to think of it, when him and Edith were doing a weird loop of the building, he saw a couple more of those...

Kilian's blood ran cold.

Oh.

"Come along now, Kilian." Edith hummed as she led Kilian elsewhere, "I think it's about time we said hello to your Aunt, don't you?"

'I've gotta do something! I need to warn Auntie and Grandpa about the bombs!' Kilian thought frantically, looking around for some way to get out of the mess he was in, 'How, how, how...!'

He spotted one of those dudes guarding the area and his eyes lit up, 'Right! Illusion! I'll give it a go!'

The man wandering around the area was a middle aged gentleman called Barry. He had a wife and daughter at home, and was pondering on what kind of sweet food he wanted to bring home to his daughter.

As he was thinking deeply, he thought he saw a cost disappear around the corner. Of course, since he was supposed to be watching the area, he went to investigate.

Right as he neared, little Kilian came running right past with a, "There's an intruder, sir! Please make sure she doesn't get any further!"

"Wha-? Huh?" Barry looked after the fleeing Kilian with a look of surprise before glancing around the corner where he'd come from.

There, around the corner; was Edith holding her hand from where Kilian had bit her, "Little 💩...! I'll kill that brat when I get my hands on him!"

Barry put two and two together rather easily.
"You there! Stay where you are!"

Kilian ran off around the corner, making a few more turns before bursting into the room where he was sure his Aunt and Grandfather were. As expected, there they were.

Y/n, her Father, and the two Gretchers which they were seated with all looked to him in alarm.

"Kilian? What are you doing here?" y/n questioned before zeroing in on the trail of blood running down the boy's face, "You're bleeding!"

She hurried out of her seat and met Kilian half way, catching him before he could fall flat on his face, "A-Auntie! It's that lady again!"

"Lady? What lady?" y/n demanded.