𝟐𝟔

(WHEW THIS TOOK A WHILE)

Something wasn't quite right.

A feeling of anxiousness awoke Kilian and he rubbed his eyes fitfully while blinking blearily. He turned his head to the nightstand and caught sight of a little cart where multiple dishes sat.

There was a note beside it, from Elena.

It seemed as though she had something she needed to do, and Alessandro was taking longer than expected, so Kilian would be under Zain's care.

He didn't mind.

That gave him time to formulate a plan on how to *somehow* prevent his Aunt from having Yor killed.

Since Yor was an assassin and all, Kilian imagined that it could get quite messy, so it would be best to avoid having the two of them cross paths at all.

He glanced over to Zain who was out cold on the couch before taking a look at the available dishes.

Kilian scowled.

'...no thanks.'

The little boy slid off the bed and hurried over to Zain, tapping the young man on the knee, "Hey, wake up!"

The young man kept snoozing away.

Kilian scowled before smacking Zain in the stomach, giving him a rather rude awakening, "OWW!!!"

"I'm hungry." Kilian stated.

Zain gave the little boy a blank look, rubbed his eyes, then looked again, "But... Miss Elena brought back food..."

"Not to my tastes." Kilian replied curtly, "They're still serving dinner, right? Could you take me there?"

"Hah... rich kids..." Zain mumbled before standing up, ushering Kilian towards the door, "Alright, let's go."

Kilian gave his bag one last look before him and Zain left the room, setting off towards the buffet for some dinner.

As they walked together, Kilian felt an odd sense of dread. Had something already happened? Possibly, he knew how his aunt worked when she really wanted someone dead.

The shortest amount of time it took for the public to notice something was amiss was a rather concerning two months.

'Is Miss Yor already dead?' Kilian wondered fearfully as he paused by one of the stores in the Shopping Promenade, his eyes falling on a bunch of skeleton keychains, 'Are Auntie and Yuri going to...'

He shook his head fiercely, ruffling his h/c hair frantically, 'No! No, no, no! Don't think negatively!'

"Ian?"

Kilian glanced over his shoulder and found Anya, a little excited look on her face. Kilian tensed.

'💩.'

"Oh— Ian said a bad word."

"Shut it!"

"Mm? Kilian?" Zain mumbled, hurrying back over after realizing Kilian was no longer beside him, "What're you doing? I thought you wanted food."

Anya looked up at Zain.

Zain scowled down at her.

'Great. Another brat.' he thought irritably before raising a brow, 'Wait a minute... isn't this the kid the boss told me about! Her husband's sister's husband's kid or whatever? If she's here, then... ah this might get complicated.'

Anya tilted her head, 'Hm?'

Kilian immediately went into panic mode and grabbed Anya, beginning to drag her away, "Err— go get the food without me! I wanna talk to Anya!"