chapter 7

❝she's just a little spoiled❞

"marri, who's this nanamin that you keep speaking of?", itadori asked, as him, megumi, kugisaki, marri, and satoru were waiting for the blonde male at a cute coffee shop.

"uncle nanamin is the best. words cannot describe him so you'll just have to wait and see", marri smiled, as a chime from the doorway was heard.

"uncle nanamin!! over hereeee", marri waved, to which the male had pushed up his signature glasses that didn't have arms.

"NA-NA-MIIII~"

nanami dodged satoru's hug as he held out a bag for marri.

the little girl hopped out of her chair as she ran as fast as she could, hugging nanami's leg.

nanami then kneeled down as he picked up marri, who tightly wrung her arms around the man's neck as she didn't even bother opening the present he had gotten her.

"I missed you uncle nanamin...you should come play with me more often", marri pouted as nanami only patted the girl's back.

if you thought marri was spoiled rotten by satoru, then you're wrong.

nanami spoiled the girl to no ends, as he believed the child should spend her time being young and free, since he wasted the majority of his youth doing something he was not fond of.

"I always try", nanami ever so slightly smiled, as he sat down beside satoru and itadori, with marri on his lap.

"this is nanami kento! and these are my precious students", satoru introduced, to which nanami had nodded

"pleasure meeting you all. I've heard quite a lot about you, itadori yūji".

"h-huh?"

"yeah!! because I was talking about my s'kuna pajamas on face—"

"YOUR WHAT?!"

nanami squinted his eyes as he watched a mouth and eye appear on itadori's face, to which he shouldn't even be surprised anymore, as he was a grade one sorcerer.

"my s'kuna pjs. anyways, I was telling nanamin how cool you were and stuff like that", marri casually answered.

everyone sat there in silence — except satoru, marri, and nanami — processing what the girl had just said.

'sukuna pajamas...sukuna pajamas...a four year-old girl has pajamas with the most horrifying curse on it'.

immediately, the three students snapped their heads upwards, glancing at satoru, who was having a one-sided conversation with nanami.

'gojō-sensei, what is wrong with your child?!'

"anyways, I'll be taking marri now. we'll be back before dinner", nanami stated.

"eh? you're not even going to have a cup of coffee first?", satoru pouted.

"no", the man bluntly replied, as he's had enough of gojō satoru for the next decade.

"bye everyone!! see you later papa", marri waved as she held her present meanwhile nanami held her.

the two exited the café as itadori had finally snapped out of his trance.

"so nanamin's her uncle?"

"not biologically, but he was there to help when marri was only a few months old. surprisingly he was really good at taking care of her, perhaps even better than me", satoru softly chuckled.

itadori only hummed as he glanced over at his sensei, to which he couldn't tell whether satoru felt a bit inferior to nanami or not.

̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

"how do I look uncle nanamin?", marri asked, wearing the doraemon onesie that the blonde male had gotten for her.

"very cute", nanami replied as he patted the girl's head, bringing her to the couch — at satoru's house, with the spare key given to nanami for when satoru used to leave the little girl in his care.

marri smiled as the two picked up their cups of hot chocolate, sipping elegantly with their pinkies lifted as nanami had also picked up a book that had every fairytale ever written in it.

the little girl leaned against nanami's chest as she enjoyed listening to the male's deep, soothing voice, which never seemed to falter even when faced with danger.

"she then wept as not only was her dress ruined, but now she had no way to get to the ball".

"uncle nanamin, why does cinderella have a fairy godmother and I don't?", marri asked.

"because she needs someone to help fix her dress", nanami simply answered, not wanting to get into details about how magic is different from the sorcerer techniques.

"oh...well that's okay. you're like my fairy godfather, because papa says that you always fixed my diapers".

nanami wasn't sure whether that was a compliment or not, but decided to take it with a grain of salt and smile a little in appreciation.

"you can always count on me to fix your problems, marri. never forget", nanami said.

the girl giggled as she hummed.

"but you work too much nanamin, and that's why I can't always see you. so we'll solve all our problems together", marri smiled, making a nonexistent arrow shoot through the blonde's heart.

"and speaking of problems, I'm really tired, so let's take a nap", marri yawned as she forced nanami to put the book down and lay on the couch in his dark blue button up and tan slacks.

marri then proceeded to crawl back onto the couch as nanami held the little girl close, patting her back rhythmically as he waited for marri to fall asleep first.

"no! nanamin has to close his eyes first this time", marri demanded, to which nanami had obeyed as marri grinned to herself, placing a soft kiss on nanami's forehead.

"thank you for treating me like a normal child, fairy godfather".