25

This is a double update! Make sure to read Chapter 24 first!

The second Soleil heard that I was back in France, she made arrangements for our little group to all have dinner together

The second Soleil heard that I was back in France, she made arrangements for our little group to all have dinner together. I was all for a reunitement of our small friend group, especially since we don't get to see each other nearly as much as we used to. Well, they see each other all the time, I'm usually the one who is missing out.

I haven't made any plans to return to London. I'm in no rush to go back, at least not anytime soon. I mean, I quit my job, Celina's off somewhere traveling with her friends, and Niall's on tour. There's not really anything for me in London right now.

The five of us sit around our usual table in our usual spots, except for the seat across me which is unoccupied. Tommy was the last of us to arrive, only getting here a few minutes ago. Without interrupting what Gillian was saying, he waved to us and signaled that he'd be back before disappearing inside the restaurant.

The sound of my phone ringing drew my attention away from the conversation we were having. I shoot Gillian an apologetic look for interrupting her story before turning to retrieve my phone from my bag. After what felt like a lifetime of blindly searching for my phone, I finally grab it and bring it up to my view.

Niall's name and photo appear on the screen. I quickly accept the call and hold my phone up to my ear.

"Hi, my love!" I answer.

"Hey baby. I miss you!" Niall exclaims.

"I miss you more!" I tell him, "How's Brazil?"

"So far it's been really good. Haven't seen much other than my hotel room and the venue, though." He explains. "What are you up to?"

"I'm actually having dinner with Soleil, Gill..." My voice trails off.

Do I tell him that Tommy is here too? I know he doesn't like Tommy and I don't want him to worry about Tommy having dinner with us while he's getting ready for his show.

There isn't anything between Tommy and I, and there hasn't ever been any feelings that weren't strictly platonic. Niall believes otherwise, he thinks that Tommy has feelings for me. And I know that Niall won't necessarily like Tommy's presence.

I don't want to even worry Niall especially since he has a show tonight.

"and Lucy." I finally finish speaking, deciding to leave Tommy's presence out.

"That's nice." He tells me. "Are you enjoying being back in France?"

I can't help but smile just thinking about being home again. "Yes," I answer. "I spent almost the entire morning down at my mum's boutique..."

"Woah!" Tommy yells.

I turn in the direction of his voice just to catch him trip over the leg of a chair. He tightly holds onto his drink while his body hurdles in the direction of the table, more specifically the direction of Lucy. Both Lucy and I brace for Tommy's collision with the table, but it never comes.

The palms of his free hand slams onto the table with a loud thud, stopping him falling further. There's a moment of silence as he looks to all of us, fear in his eyes, double checking that we all just witnessed his clumsiness in full effect.

"I almost just died." He breathes out, "I'm not even joking. My life flashed before my eyes."

Gillian was the first to start laughing, which was quickly followed by the rest of us.

"Oh my... Tommy!" Lucy shouts through her laughter, "You've almost just made me spill my tea!"

"I'm sorry!" Tommy sincerely apologizes. He turns bright red with an embarrassed look on his face. "I tripped."

"What was that?" Niall asks, reminding me that I'm on the phone with him.

How much of that could he hear?

"Oh, nothing." I reassure him.

"Is everything alright?" Niall asks.

"Yeah. Lucy just... uh," I begin to tell him, not knowing exactly what I'm trying to say.

Think, Béa, think.

"...dropped her tea." I finish.

Lucy shoots me a look and I shoot the same expresion back.

That's believable, right?

I didn't know what else to say.

"Oh." Niall says, not pressing further into what happened.

"Yeah. Everything's okay here, don't worry." I reassure him, "What were you saying?"

"I was just asking how France was." He tells me. "How's your mum?"

"She's great!" I answer, knowing that she would be thrilled that Niall asked about her. "She was actually asking about you yester-"

"Béa!" Soleil calls, catching my attention.

"What?" I answer.

"I'm gonna go order." Soleil tells me, "What do you want to get?"

"Hold on." I tell Niall, so that I let Soleil know what I want to order.

"You sound busy." Niall says, sounding disappointed. "I'll let you go."

"Wait, Niall-" I begin, but the line goes dead. "He hung up."

Shit.

I really hope he's not mad.

Maybe not telling him was a bad idea. I should have told him the truth, but I don't want him worrying about me. I don't want him to worry about who I'm with or what I'm while he's on tour. He should be focusing on his music, and his fans, and everything that comes with being on tour.

After the whole thing with Emily, I didn't want to make it a big deal that Tommy was with us. I don't want him to feel the way I did when I saw that he was with Emily. Especially because it's completely different.

"I hope I didn't mess things up." Tommy says.

"I'll call him back later." I state, "I'm sure it's fine."

I didn't hear from Niall again after that. I was going to call him before I went to sleep, but that was during his show and I knew he wouldn't be able to answer.

It wasn't fine.

I just want to start off by saying a massive THANK YOU for all the support I've gotten this past week! I am literally so grateful for every single one of you!! Y'all mean the absolute world to me

I hope you enjoyed this double update. These were meant to be one giant chapter but I decided to split it in two.

Hopefully I'll get the next chapter written and posted soon, but it might take a little while. If it takes me a while to write, I try to post progress updates on my message board.

Once again, thank you for everything! I love you all so much! Until next time, MWAH!!