Chapter 25

"What is it that I heard?!" Someone called out from behind me in the cafeteria.

I turned around just to see Macy, making her way towards me with a tray of food in her hands. She didn't look very happy with her eyebrows pulled together and her eyes piercing into mine as if she was planning to kill me with that look.

"Hey Macy." I greeted innocently as she finally arrived at the table and sat down beside me.

"This is your last day? Why didn't you tell me?" She asked and crossed her arms over her chest.

What I should've probably said was 'it's because I found out yesterday but no worries I'll be back in two weeks but not as an intern, no no, as your boss.'

However what I said was...

"I just didn't want the last couple days be overshadowed by the fact that I'm leaving."

"We're still going to see each other, right?" She asked and unfolded her arms.

"Of course! She's not gonna fall off the face of the earth, Macy." Wes chimed in before taking another bite of his burger.

"Just making sure, Wes." She mocked him a little and I just shook my head, smiling.

After lunch the hours went by so quick that it was almost time to leave.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen Harry today. Not even once and it started to confuse me a little. I know I haven't made any effort into talking to him but I thought the next time I'd see him I would have the courage.

"Up for some coffee after work?" Wes asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Sure." I agreed and before I could say anything else the office door opened and in came no other than Harry.

"Haven't seen you in a while. What a surprise to be blessed with your presence." Wes joked, however Harry didn't laugh.

"He's in a bad mood. Another surprise...I don't know if I can take it anymore." Wes continued on and grabbed a folder to fan his face dramatically, making me a laugh.

As I laughed, Harry lifted his head and his eyes met with mine. My laughter died down as we were suddenly caught up in a moment, completely forgetting our surroundings.

"Ready to go?"

I snapped out of it as Wes nudged my arm and just than I noticed that he was already putting on his jacket.

I quickly got up and nodded my head before gathering all my stuff.

"See you Monday, Styles!" Wes called and left to go to the elevator while I got my stuff.

"See you Monday?" Harry suddenly asked and I turned around to look at him. He was not sitting in his chair anymore and had walked a couple steps towards me.

"Actually, this is my last day." I announced awkwardly as I fidgeted with the zipper on my jacket.

"Oh."

"Yea. But-"

"Ana! The elevator's here!" Wes yelled and I excused myself before basically sprinting out of the office.

Wes seemed to be rather oblivious to what had happened seconds ago and I was grateful for that because if I didn't know what was going on with me & Harry than it would've been impossible to explain anything to Wes.

After we went to get coffee we made some plans for the weekend and Wes drove me home where I immediately grabbed a bottle of wine and went to take a long and relaxing bath.