EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE
[ Harry's POV ]

Four months later.

It was a Thursday night and I was getting back from work. I was expecting to get there, turn the TV on, changing my clothes into something more comfy, starting to make dinner and wait for Louis to come back from his job as well.

I smiled to myself.

I was in love with my daily routine.
I was in love with my life.
I was in love with Louis.

What I wasn't expecting was to find a flower on the welcome carpet at the entrance of my flat.
I frowned and I picked it up.
It had a little card tied at the stem.

Red chrysanthemum: I love you.

I giggled and smiled to myself, I was a teenager when it came to Louis' flowers.

I took one last look at the chrysanthemum before opening the door of the flat.

I froze when I saw that the whole interior of my flat was filled with lit candles and pendant lights, just like the ones I had put long ago for mine's and Louis' date.

I left my bag at the side of the door and took a minute to look around and admire the whole scenario. My eyes wandered around, just taking in how beautiful it looked.
Only by the sight of it I felt like crying.

In the ground, a few inches from where I was standing, there was another flower.

I picked it up and read the little card hanging from it.

Heliotrope: Eternal love, devotion.

I smelled the beautiful perfume of it and continued walking until I bumped into the next flower set on the floor.

Pink rose: happiness.

I giggled and pressed it against my chest with the previous ones.
I took a few more steps into the living room, finding the next one.

Red salvia: forever mine.

I was feeling the tears threatening to roll down my cheeks at any moment.
I took a deep breath, trying to contain myself from crying, before continuing.

I saw that the trail of flowers was leading me to the bedroom, I walked and grabbed the next one from the floor.

Red Columbine: anxious, trembling.

I rushed to the bedroom door and I picked the last one.

Valerian: Readiness.

But it also had, in the sloppy handwriting I know by heart, a little note at the edges.

This is also the first flower I had ever given you. But now it contains a lot more meaning than before Curly, it means I'm ready too.

I felt it.
I knew what was happening.
And I couldn't be more ready.

I smiled to myself, biting my lips, and opened the bedroom door, just to find Louis on the other side, all dressed up, knelt down in one knee with a final flower on his hands.

I looked into his eyes and he extended it to me with a smile on his face.
I grabbed it and looked at the card.
My breathing stopped.

Myrtle: Marriage.

"Lou..." - I said, already with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Wait. Let me speak." - He said and pulled out a little box out of his pocket and opened it, showing a beautiful golden ring inside. - "You already figured out what is all of this about. But I still need to tell you this." - He said and took a deep breath. - "I worship you, I long for you, I yearn for you, I live for you, I adore you, Curly. I can't imagine my life without you. I don't even want a life without you. And what I feel for you is so strong and so unique, that I can't even put it into words. That's why I want to put it into actions. So, let me ask you: Harry Styles, Would you let me be your plus one for life?"