Chapter 19: Water

I feel like I should leave

I feel like I should leave. Yes, that's a good idea. But if I had the ability to stay on my feet, it would be much easier.

I slowly sank to the ground again while clinging to the wall.

So this was something new.

New and unpleasant. I do not like it.

What happened to me?

One moment I was fine, and then...then it happened.

I felt as if everything around me began to merge. The ground under my feet turned to gelatin, after which I just managed to get outside for fresh air.

I didn't expect Killian to follow me, and I certainly didn't expect him to try to help me.

He honestly looked a little scared. But only little.

"And you are?"

I jumped slightly when I heard a rough, male voice next to me.

The people in this villa are slowly digging my grave.

With my hand on my heart, I shifted my gaze to the man who was standing only a few meters away from me on the stone path. He must have been in the garden already, because he certainly didn't go through the door. I would notice that.

When I focused my gaze on his face, I immediately knew who he was.

I've seen this short hair and arm tattoos before. He was Killian's other brother that I asked about because of that picture he was in.

What I didn't see in that photo was the slight stubble that grew on him over time. He has that piercing look just like Killian.

How is it possible that all four have the same look?

"Your brother is inside." I nodded at the door behind which Killian went. Right now I need him to leave me alone. All I need is Odin, who lay down at my feet and soothed me like no other.

"That doesn't answer my question."

I can see that he also has a nice side like Killian. Guess that runs in the family.

"Eris." Now leave me alone. Well thank you.

"Oh, you're the one who pulled the gun on Finn. Kai." He nodded his head and crossed his arms over his chest and the corner of his mouth turned up.

"And you don't look upset. I frowned.

"And why should I?" He came closer to me and sat next to me, which Odin didn't like very much. "He wasn't hurt. If he was, we'd be having a completely different conversation."

"Good to know." I laughed.

"What are you doing out here anyway?"

"I'm resting." That is partially true.