Chapter 5

Vote Target - 60 Votes

Author's POV

As Shambhavi prepared for her moment, Shrashti, her trusted ally in the intricate dance of getting ready, worked diligently on her makeup. Yet, amidst the brushes and powders, there was an air of palpable tension. Shrashti noticed how Shambhavi's hands trembled ever so slightly as she rehearsed her speech, her words a hesitant mantra that betrayed not mere practice, but a battle with nerves. This wasn't the first time Shambhavi would deliver this speech, but the weight of speaking it in front of Rishabh seemed to amplify her anxiety tenfold. Beads of sweat felt. Despite Shrashti's reassurances and gentle encouragement, Shambhavi's fear threatened to overwhelm her, casting a shadow over what should have been a moment of celebration and accomplishment.

"There you go you're looking so beautiful my baby." Said Shrashti after getting Shambhavi ready and awing in her beauty. How beautiful she was looking.

"Yrr I swear kahin aysa naa ho voh auditorium mein aaye aur tujhe dekhe aur dekhta hi reh jaaye uski nazar hi naa hatte tujhse bass dekhta hi reh jaaye." Said Shrashti making Shambhavi feel even more nervous and as she said it Shambhavi has goosebumps all over her body.

(Yrr, I swear, I hope that doesn't happen. He walks into the auditorium, sees you, and just can't take his eyes off you. His gaze is fixated on you, unable to look away.)

Shrashti, please don't say all of that. It's making me even more nervous than I already am. I'm already so tense that I feel like I might faint in front of him. I don't know if I'll even be able to utter a single word when I see him. Your words are adding to my anxiety, and the thought of him continuously looking at me is terrifying. If what you're saying turns out to be true and he does keep looking at me like that, I might just die of embarrassment. Can we focus on calming me down instead of making me even more anxious?

"I'm grappling with this overwhelming sense of anxiety, and it's really starting to consume me. I think it's because my feelings for him run so deep, and I've spent so much time imagining scenarios with him that now, as it's all unfolding in real life, my mind and heart are struggling to process it. It's not just nerves; it's a complex mix of emotions that I can't quite put into words. Having the person I care about the most right in front of me feels surreal, especially considering I once doubted if he even knew I existed. Now, I'm faced with the uncertainty of whether he'll appreciate my speech, adding another layer of worry to the mix. It's a rollercoaster of emotions, and I'm just trying to navigate through it all."Shambhavi was trying to explain her heart to Shrashti.

Shrashti held both shoulders of Shambhavi and said,"Hey, I know you're feeling anxious, but you've got this! You've prepared so well for this moment, and your passion for cricket and admiration for him will shine through. Just take a deep breath, remember all the times you've practiced your speech, and believe in yourself. You're going to do great! And remember, he's just a person like anyone else, and he'll appreciate your genuine enthusiasm. I'll be right here cheering you on every step of the way."

"Yrr Shrii nahi hoga mujhse darr lag raha hai aur upar se yeh saree mera aadha confidence toh yahi soch ke chala jaa raha hai ki Maine saree pehni hai main isse sambhalungi yaa apni speech dungi. Aur aadha confidence yeh soch ke jaa raha hai ki Rish mere saamne hoga."She was all nervous while thinking about everything.

(Yrr, I don't think I can do it. I'm scared, and on top of that, this saree is taking away half of my confidence. I'm torn between thinking whether I'll manage this saree or deliver my speech. And the other half of my confidence is thinking that Rish will be in front of me.)

Yrr just shut up baby I'm telling you everything is gonna be perfect just as perfect as we've planned it to be you just go there on stage I know you're gonna slay it and he's gonna be your biggest fan. Said Shrashti while encouraging her.