Game day

Today Was the first season game and to say the team was excited was an understatement. In Rylee and Paige's room hype music was playing and everyone was getting ready together. With Azzi doing Paige's hair and Nika doing Rylee's and KK and Ice doing TiKtok's in the corner it was safe to say all was right in the world.

In the locker room 

Geno: Ok girls we know that Dayton is going to be a somewhat easy game but we still want to go out and give it our best. ok together on 3 1,2,3,

Everyone: Together

As everyone started running out of the locker room and the crowd was going wild, Rylee just stoped at the entrance and looked up and all around soaking in this moment. I mean you only get one shot at your first UConn game and Rylee was sure she wouldn't forget this moment. Soon all the players were on the court getting warmed up when Dayton came out and also started their warm-ups.  As everyone was starting to get off the court Geno pulled the starting 5 out and gave them a rundown of what plays to play and how to go about this game. 

In the huddle

Geno: Listen I want you to play aggressively; you only have three options, pass, drive, and shoot. This is a game where you take risks. I want you running UConn 4 and Husky 9 whenever possible. You guys earned this spot show the world what your made of and why you're starting.

Paige: ok Guys you heard coach. We go out there and show them UConn

Rylee: We need to keep our communication strong and be there for each other. 

As Rylee, Paige, Ice, Azzi, and Nika were getting on the court and Ice was taking the tipoff all of UConn was watching to see what Rylee would do.

The Game

Starting of strong as Ice got the ball there was a fast approach to the game, with UConn  having 20 in the first quarter , Paige with 7, Rylee with 5, Azzi with 3 , Niki with 3 and Ice with 2 it was safe to say Geno had a good feeling about this season. During the second quarter there was so amazing shot by Rylee and Paige ultmently causing UConn to dominate and by the end of the game UConn winning by 116 to 36. 

Reporters View:

Jeff: Good Afternoon UConn Nation, here at Gampel the vibe is high with the women's first game of the season starting in T-30. Amy what do you expect to see from this game against Dayton

Amy: Pleasure to be with you today Husky Nation, yes Jeff I expect this to be an easy game for UConn as we have beaten them in the past before. I also know the starting line up was just announced and as it seems freshman Rylee Clark 22 will be starting. If your know Clark, you know she's a power house on and off the court. And with Paige, Azzi, Nika, and Ice. I wouldn't be surprised if we were to see a dream team be made this afternoon

Second quarter:

Jeff: And with the Huskys being up by 20 we are watching as Nika passes the ball to Rylee oh and what is that, oh my god is she dunking? I think this if the first in all of women's basketball! what a move by Clark. I think we just watched history happen. 

Amy: Jeff, Wow when I told you she was a powerhouse I mean this just brings this to the next level. We knew coming into the program she had a great vertical jump and she mentioned it in interviews of being close and wanting to dunk but to see it unfold in real time it insane. 

Jeff: Let's check the stats right now, Ok UConn Nation I have an update for you as we are heading into our third quarter we are currently 85 to 30 and the top scorers are Paige and Rylee. We just witnessed greatness on the court from Clark, I can only wait to see what she will do in the next two quarters.