HTP 2.0

Author's POV

The late afternoon sun cast a warm glare at Barkat Villa that shone bright and might, looking like a castle straight from a Disney movie. Chirpy birds decorated the patio on one side, the third generation of the family on the other.

Muskaan, Fateh and Farha were in there zone, splashing water at eachother with mugs, guns and water pipe as their weapons. It was a war zone where the three of them were their own parties.

Saira sighed with contentment her eyes never leaving the kids. She turns to look at Fahad who his gaze on her already.

"Hi," He smiles.

"Hey."

He leans in with a glint in his midnight eyes. "Aaj shaam ka kiya plan hai?"

"After Maryam's back, we need to prep for dinner." Saira star5s to narrate vagauely, compeltely ignoring his reference. "I still don't know what to cook. I've kept some chicken in the fridge, maybe chicken achari--"

"Jaanaaaaa!" He whined, cutting her off.

"What?" She asks feigning innocence.

"Main dinner plans ki baat nahi karra."

"Then?" She bats her hazel eyes at him.

"Stop acting innocent."

"I'm not!" Saira claimed but we all know that's not true.

"Really, Jaana?" Fahad signs.

"FATTYYYY!" A high pitched scream gains their attention momentarily coming from their darling daughter Muskaan on whom Fateh had emptied an entire bucket of ice cold water. But she was quick to recover, resilient just like her parents.

"Bilkul aap pe gayi hai." Fahad remarks with a shake of his head.

"Pyaari, I know." Saira grins.

"Main wo quality ki baat nahi karra tha."

"Jo bhi hai, mere saare ache qualities aaye usme. Aur jo bhi acha nahi hai, wo aapse aaya."

"Aapka messy-pana." He remarks. "Can't fold her clothes and put then in its place like you."

"Tossing wet towels on the bed like you." Saira wastes no time to get back at him. 

"Taking long showers like you." Fahad says.

"Eating a meal for hours and hours." She huffed.  "Ghussa to ek dum aapka aaya usko. Kabhi bhi aur kahi bhi trigger hojata. Uff!"

"Junglipana to aapka ich hai."

"Bus Hulk nahi banti meri beti." She said with a sense of pride.

"Achi baat hai."

She frowned. "Aysa kyu bolre?"

"Uske bohot side effects hai. Har koi aapke jaisa thodi rehta?"

"Awww," Saira leans over and pulls his stubble covered cheek.

"Jo ghee me oil Dale aur ghussa badhaye insaan ka." Fahad says, biting his inner cheek to keep him from breaking into a grin.

Saira gasps, swatting his arm. "Ungrateful brat!" She said while Fahad was silently laughing to himself. "Shukar manao aapki shaadi mujhse hui. Wo Nirma se hoti to wo madam ek jhatke me vanish hojate the aapka ghussa dekhke. Aapke ghusse ko sirf main handle karti thi aur ab bhi karti hoon. Aur aapko dekho, biwi ki khadar ich nahi hai."

"Main kuch bola? Kuch nahi bola."

"Ghussa badhane wali baat ka kiya matlab tha phir?" She demands.

"Kuch bhi ho, ye to nahi tha lekin."