13

Short one before exams. As something is better than nothing right.

Zahra's POV:-

Fear struck me and I went upstairs to my room latching it from inside. I sat on the bed with my knees pulled close to me. Who could this be? And how does that person know what all I've been through.

Don't blame me blame someone close to you......

Someone close to me? Who? The thoughts of worse happening filled my mind and I hid my face in my arms.

Should I tell Shehryaar about this? No he's tensed already with all the work, I can't give him another reason to be stressed. Hussain? No. I can't risk anyone's life.

Should I inform the police? Maybe they could help me. My phone buzzed breaking me out of my thoughts. I unlocked the screen revealing a text message.

Thinking about me? Don't worry babe I'll get ya soon

My already panicked heart became more fearful. I looked around for water but the jug was empty.

Getting down the bed I took the jug in my shaky hands and walked to the kitchen. Entering the kitchen I saw Ammi making something.

"Ammi what are you doing? I'll make the dinner" I said as I stood beside her. "Kal tumhe hi banana hai, aaj bana lene do" she said and confused me.

"Uh..?" I asked confused and she smiled. "Your Abbu and I are going to New York tomorrow early morning"

"New York? Why? No ammi aap kaheen nahi jaayengi" I said stubbornly and she chuckled.

Cupping my cheek she caressed it and tears yet again fill my eyes as I sink in this motherly love.

"Beta kaam hai islie jaana pad raha hai. Jaise kaam khatam hoga aajayenge hmm" She said and I nodded.

Suddenly she widened her eyes looking at me and I frowned. "Zahra ye chot kaise lagi" She asked and I mentally smacked myself.

"Umm.....I slipped in the bathroom" I lied to her and she shook her head. "Bete dhyaan rakha karo, jaao isse dawai laga lo mai zara abhi aati hu" She said and left the kitchen I nodded.

Sighing I picked up the jug and began filling it water when fear again struck me.

Ya khuda, ye sab kya ho raha hai. Ya Allah bas sabko mehfooz rakhna. I prayed inwardly.

"Zahra. " someone called and I dropped the jug down shattering it into pieces. I looked up and found Shehryaar looking confused and maybe shocked.

"Zahra, what happened? This wound" he said and was about take a step towards me when I stopped him.

"Wait! You'll hurt yourself. There are glass pieces" I said and bent down to pick the shattered glass.
"And won't you get hurt?" he asked and I raised my gaze.

I again looked down and picked up the glass pieces and threw them in the dustbin.

Washing my hands I turned around to find Shehryaar still standing there. He took a step forward and I immediately looked down.

Should I tell him?

"Zahra what is this?" he asked I met his intense gaze which sent a shiver down my spine. He touched the mark and I flinched. "Uhm.sorry, does it hurt?" he asked and I nodded "Slightly"

"Come " he said and I looked at him. He grabbed my wrist and led me upstairs.

Shehryaar's POV:-

I led her upstairs to our room and made her sit on the bed.

"Shehryaar..." she began but I silenced her by keeping a finger on my lips.

Walking to the table I took the first aid kit and moved towards Zahra. Sitting down beside her I told her to turn a little so that she faces me.

Dipping the cotton in the antiseptic I was about to clean the wound when she caught hold of my hand and stopped me.

"Shehryaar...I'll do it myself. You freshen up the dinner will be ready in a few" she said as she tried taking the cotton out of my hand.

"Ssshh...let me do it" I said as I gazed in her eyes. I felt she wanted to say something but she was keeping it to herself.

With one of my hand I removed the strands of hair from her from her face.

My fingers brushed against her soft skin and I felt her shudder under my touch.

I wiped the blood stains with the antiseptic and she hissed. "Does it hurt?" I asked and she opened her eyes.

"It burns" she said. I blow a little while scooting a little closer to her.

Applying the cream I put a bandage on her forehead. I got up and washed my hands.

Getting back to her I again sat down in front of her. " Zahra what's the matter?" I asked and she suddenly looked pale.

It was as though fear struck her. I searched her face closely as small sweat beads started to form on her forehead.

"Noth....Nothing" she stammered and faked a smile. I sighed and looked at her again.

"Zahra..tell me what's wrong" I said looking straight in her eyes. She looked at me for a second and I assured her to speak.

She got off the bed and went to the table. My gaze following her.

Picking up a crumbled paper she came towards me. I frowned looking at it.

She handed me the paper and i opened it. "Zahra...what's this?" I asked as I re read it.

It was a threat note but how come this person knows everything about Zahra?

"I...I received this message too" Zahra said between sniffles and I looked at her as she handed me her mobile.

"Shehryaar mujhe bohot darr lag raha hai.." She said and I met her teary gaze.

Standing up I stood in front of her and she crashed herself into me. I could feel her shaking.

I just didn't know how to console her. I caressed her hair to calm her while wrapping one of my arms around her back.

"Sshh Zahra...don't worry" I assured her.

I'm here.........

So here is the update.

Cover by @oyechupkar And I love it

Hope that it was upto the expectations.

SEE YOU SOON

~Shabistaah