Percabeth

I found this somewhere a while ago. I don't know who the author is though, I did try to look it up but there were no results. I feel really bad not giving credit, so if you know where this is from, please tell me. And if anyone with a reason wants me to take this down, I will do so. Anyways, I just wanted to share this sad fanfic.

Annabeth's pov
I held onto Percy tightly, cradling his head to my chest. We survived the fall into Tartarus, but in order to save me, he took a blow to his head. He was currently asleep, his head on my lap. I looked down at his face, although covered in cuts and dirt, he looked amazing. The fact he fell into Tartarus for me made me feel an overwhelming sense of guilt. All I knew is that he is the best boyfriend ever, and as much as I hate to admit it, I was worried we wouldn't make it out.

Finally, he opened his eyes, his beautiful sea green ones looking into my grey ones. "Percy! You're okay! Thank Zeus!" He looked at me quizzically. "Percy? My name is Travis, not Percy." I gasped. "Y-you don't remember?" I asked, my heart shattering into a million pieces. "I'm sorry, but who are you a where are we? This doesn't look like camp." I gulped, pushing the tears that stung my eyes down.

I explained to him that we are in Tartarus and told him who I am. "Come on Per- I mean Travis. We need to get out of here." As much as I begged him, he wouldn't help me. He made me do all the work by myself. I knew it was worthless and I should probably just leave him if I wanted to survive, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I knew that if we made it out, I could get his memories back. So as we trudged along the dead and dreary plains of Tartarus, I told him stories of quest, dates we've been on and everything.

The entire time, he would refuse to believe any of it, still insisting it isn't true. The thing that broke my heart was that he wouldn't look me in the eyes. I wanted so greatly to just kiss him now, I wanted so much to be back at camp watching the sunset with him on the beach. Finally, I was ready to give up when I saw the doors. The doors were surrounded by thousands of monsters. Fueled with greif and determination, I charged the army of giants, titans, and monsters. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't notice Percy charging after me.

It wasn't until Riptide appeared in front of me, blocking a blow that I realized he was fighting. We fought our way to the Doors of Death. He broke the chains on the doors and turned to me. he held me by the shoulders a foot away from him. I saw the fierce determination glowing in his eyes. "You remember," I said. He smiled and kissed me. "I could never forget, Annabeth. I love you, you have to survive." Only then did I realize what was about to happen. "I love you Percy! You can't stay! Please! NO!" He pushed me into the elevator with a final kiss.

As the door closed I saw his sad smile. He turned, a hand still on the button, his sword held in front of him. When the doors closed, I broke. I pounded on the doors, wailing for him. I couldn't stand the over whelming feeling. My heart literally hurt. I was blinded by my tears. Even when the doors opened and the rest of the seven ran to me, all I felt was grief. "Where is he?" Hazel asked. When we got to the Argo 2, I told them everything that happened. "You idiot!" Piper yelled, tears streaming down her face. "He forgot you on purpose so it wouldn't hurt when you left him! He did this for you!"

My heart broke in two. Without a word, I just stood up and walked out to the deck. Tears streamed down my face like a never ending river. "Stupid Percy, we could've stayed together." I looked at the ocean. It almost felt like he was sitting next to me, like any moment now, he would make a remark about being hungry or how beautiful the sea is. "I'll find away back to you Seaweed Brain, I swear it on the River Styx."