Pidge

(Strong language, bullying, self harm mention, identity change= mature themes)
Katie's POV
——————-

I used to like Alura as a sister. But she is just down right mean. I know, I'm not pretty, I don't have curbs, I don't have large breasts, I am not incredibly skinny, I am no where near muscular. I don't care about that, so why does she. She absolutely hates me. I walk to the school doors. Alone. She was eating. She was stood with the boys. She hit me on the back hard. It didn't show and she did it in a 'joking' way. The boys let out a hearty laugh. Then the bell rung. I have classes with Alura all day today and none of the boys would be there. In Maths, she yelled out.
"Nerd, needs of attention, failure to your family." The teacher took no notice. She just laughed with other students.

In English, she poked me and annoyed me, while I tried to finish my work. I needed to improve but I can't. She also whispered in my ear:
"Come on nerdy bitch, finish your work or I'll tell sir." That made tears run down my face. I couldn't do this. But I have to. I had finally finished my work, to Alura's displeasure.

In science she stayed quiet. The science teacher is my greatest ally. He is also an amazing teacher. He has won teacher of the year for the past 10, seeing as he is only 29. He is an inspiration. Although, this can't last forever. Unfortunately.

After lunch in music, it was fun, but again Alura.
"Yo Katie, ya gonna mess up your keys again," one friend of hers yelled,
"Will you sound like a cat again?" Alura yelled. She then moved from them and closer to me. Shiro walked in. The last friend was mid-sentence.
"Should I plug my ears?" He was fuming. Alura steppes jn.
"How dare you!" She yelled winking at them secretly. They played along and I was a crying mess by this time. Shiro's brother, Keith walked in and ran to me. He knew a way to calm me down. He grabbed a guitar. I sat at the keyboard. We began to play and sniff and everyone went quiet, including Alura and her friends.

(Keith's part)

(Katie's Part)
Credit to the artists.

As the song ended she was no longer crying and Keith pulled her into a hug. She smiled with him. He was such a good guy. Then an eruption of claps echoed. Even the teacher. Alura fakes the clap with her friends. Then the lesson ended.

Finally in English again. I couldn't take it. Alura was bragging and being mean. I couldn't handle it. So after school, they never saw me, Katie, again.

I ran home. To the bathroom unoccupied by a sick 52 year old drunk man. Matt was in his room. Dad was drunk after work, as per usual. A pair of sissies lay in my hands. My hair in the other. Hesitantly, I cut a clamp of it. I did the same to all the others. Then, I grabbed all of my jumpers and dresses, jeans, leather jackets and shorts. I had been saving a ohhh money to buy an apartment and food. And I have a secret friend who has a sore room. And a job to offer. So I stuffed everything in a bag and yelled,
"I'm going out for a bit!"
"Okay then, don't be home late!" My father yelled. I just shut the door. Running to my friends apartment.

"Hey Lotor." He looked at me,
"Who might you be, Matt?" I shook my head and chuckled,
"Katie, please call me Pidge." He nodded and let me in. Sitting me on the couch and hugging me.
"It's been so long Katie! Is that Alura chick still mean?" I nodded and pointed to my hair and my arms. He just shed a tear and hugged me again. Then showed me to a room full of my old technology and stars and he solar system. I fell in love with it again. He chuckled and left me to unpack. And I just laid in my bed.
Tomorrow was Tuesday. I would now go to school as the new nerdy boy Pidge. And Lotor would enrol too. But as a teacher, obviously. It was easy as his father owned the school...