Chapter Ten: You Want Some Chicken Nuggets?

CHAPTER TEN | YOU WANT SOME CHICKEN NUGGETS?

  ♕  

Avery and I entered the cafeteria. Though, as we entered, he stopped me and stared.

"You can't come sit with us," he said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"How come?" I asked, tilting my head.

He shrugged, "You should know this by now. I think you're smart enough to figure it out."

With that, he left to go join the rest of his brothers. 

I sighed, walking to Landon and I's table, not feeling really hungry. I can't say I'm disappointed, because I am. They're all my stepbrothers now, and I would do anything to make them like me. Even when they weren't my stepbrothers, I felt like everyone kept judging them. 

I saw Landon walking to our table, I smiled as he frowned. 

"Why aren't you eating anything?" He asked as he sat down. 

"I'm not that hungry," I replied, shrugging. He shook his head and held up a chicken nugget.

"Want one?" He asked, grinning. I couldn't help but smile back, he knows I love chicken nuggets. I took it and devoured it.

"Where's Bella?" He asked. I blinked, suddenly feeling uneasy. She hasn't come to school in a while, now I'm worried.

"I really don't know. She should have come to school by now," I said checking my phone for any messages, "maybe I'll go to her house today. Want to come?" 

He nodded, "Sure."

He started eating, as I pretended to go on my phone, I just stared at Landon. He's way more attractive than I thought. How did I not notice it? He's absolutely gorgeous! Wait, why am I thinking of this? Landon's my best friend, ew! Oh my god, this is so damn cliche-

"Like what your lookin' at?" Landon suddenly said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I blinked a few times, seeing a sly smirk on his face. 

"Yeah, I actually do," I said smiling. This time, he blinked and looked taken aback. I laughed and threw back my head.

"I'm joking, You're so gullible!" I exclaimed. I looked back at him as he rolled his eyes, a blush across his cheeks. I smiled wide while shaking my head.

"Are you blushing?" I asked, teasing him. He was about to say something until someone slammed the desk.

We looked up and saw Adam there. He was glaring at me with his cold, dead eyes. I was confused as ever, kind of scared. Behind him were his posse, Alexander and Oliver. They also hate me. 

"Having fun, lovebirds?" He sneered. Landon clenched his jaw and stood up, but I just told him to sit back down.

"How can we help you guys?" I asked, calmly. I'm pretty uncomfortable already, and I'm sure Landon saw me shifting in my seat. I shook my head, sending him the signal.

"What's with you and Carries?" Oliver asked, with a stupid smirk on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

Before I could ask, Adam cut me off, "Why did he suddenly stand up for you? Are you, like, dating?" 

I laughed, louder than usual, making people turn, but didn't do anything. I suddenly noticed people tapping their friend's shoulder, making them turn to our conversation. Now, pretty much, all eyes were on us.

"No, no, no. I don't know why, okay? N-nothing is going on," I said. I failed though since I stuttered stupidly. Adam quickly noticed that we had viewers, and obviously took that to his advantage.