Something New

*BUZZ*

This boy has some nerve calling me hoe

This boy has some nerve calling me hoe. He doesn't even know the full story. Only looking at social media and assuming I'm a hoe. I didn't even respond. I just left him on seen and sent what he said to me to the group chat.

 I just left him on seen and sent what he said to me to the group chat

"Okay so wait, y'all don't date?" Christal said confused.

"No, we are just friends. He told me he didn't have feelings he just wanted to get to know me." I replied

"Mmhmm, we will see about that."

"I don't know if Kelly told you but we are going to the movies before we get to the hotel, so wear something cute." Christal told me.

I put on a simple yellow top and some jeans. I didn't need to get super dressed because it was JUST the movies after all.

"Woah girl, I see why Mikal fell for you

"Woah girl, I see why Mikal fell for you." I said to Christal while laughing.

" I said to Christal while laughing

(Christal's Outfit)

When Mikal pulled up he said, "Y'all just love showing off for other guys. We know y'all are fine. Y'all can wear sweats. It's okay."

    I got in the car and sat beside Kelly in the backseat. I rested my head on his shoulder while holding his hand. It was so therapeutic. I could feel the calluses on his fingers from basketball. It reminded me of how hard he worked and how he truly loved basketball. It made me happy he found something that he was passionate about. I just hope one day I can find mine.

I've always wanted to take care of people because I never had anyone to take care of me. I've only had myself and no one should ever go through that. It's lonely. It's sad. It's depressing. But being with Kelly and Christal helped that all go away. I will be forever grateful.

We walked to the booth to get our tickets and when he went to pay he grabbed my hand so that I couldn't pay.

So I said, "Since when couldn't I pay for myself."

"Since you became the girl that I am interested in. That's when." Kelly said back.

He has me feeling all types of ways. Especially when we were sitting and in the movie theatre holding hands.

*BUZZ*

I felt my heart drop to my stomach

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. She really chose the perfect moment. I can't go home. Not right now.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." I said to Kelly while grabbing my things and leaving the theatre.

I called my mom.

"Hello" My mom said.

"Hi mom."

"My boyfriend left me a while ago, Mi amor. There's nothing left in the house to sell. I sold everything I could, Mi amor. I have nothing left. I need you to come back."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She really sold everything just so she could pay rent. I just thought about my little brother and what he was going through. I didn't know what to do. If I left Arizona to go back to work in Georgia, I'd be going back to the life I was avoiding. The life I never wanted.

"Mom, when you were dating him you let him force me to work. He forced me to work so you wouldn't have to. You let him treat me and you like crap. You didn't care about me or Julio. Stop being selfish and WORK." I said.

"Mami, you know I can't. Please come back. I can't be homeless."

  I ended the call. I couldn't believe she's choosing not to work again. I can't take the blame for if they are homeless or not. My mom should go find work but she doesn't want to. I decide that I'm going to take my brother to Arizona with me. I didn't want him to be with my toxic mom either. She only cares about herself.

 She only cares about herself

That's why she called me. It was because of Kelly. He's so used to people using him and now she wants me to use him too. I couldn't believe my mom. I had to get my brother. I had to take him away.

I started wiping the tears from my face as I saw Kelly behind me. He hugged me and all I could do was cry in his arms. I hated my mother and I hated how she treated me. She never gave me the love I ever deserved. She only loved herself and that's all.

"I have to go back to Georgia, Kelly. I don't know for how long."

I got in the Uber I ordered and I was on my way to the airport, where I would take my next flight to Georgia.

I watched Kelly become a dot in the distance. This wasn't what I needed right now. I need my brother. This is why I couldn't have relationships. My family would always find a way to take me away from them.

AN: I feel so bad for Julia :(
Next chapters won't be so happy