01 → the return of emma dunbar

THE RETURN OF EMMA DUNBAR

❝ THE RETURN OF EMMA DUNBAR ❞

➴ ➵ ➶ ➴ ➵ ➶

Emma was never very good at surprises. She didn't even like getting surprised herself. The longest Emma had ever kept a surprise was for about two hours before she told Liam that he got a new bike for their birthday. That was just the tip of the iceberg, but from that point on, their parents knew never to tell Emma about any surprises. Now here she was sitting on a bus to surprise her friends that she was home two days earlier than she told them she was going to be. This had to be a new record of how long she's kept it in, but it shouldn't count because Emma's spoiling it right now.

Emma had arrived back in Beacon Hills early this morning from Puerto Rico. Emma was going to surprise them tomorrow at school to get the rest she needs from traveling. The excitement of seeing her friends rushing through her veins had kept her from having a relaxing evening. The blonde couldn't take it any longer, so she was going to stop by senior night, give her friends big hugs and then promptly return home to get a good night's sleep for the first day of school.

Emma had spent her whole summer there rebuilding and building houses with Habitat For Humanity. Emma wanted to do something positive that made her feel good and everyone around her. After all the negative, she was surrounded by the dead pool, Kate Argent, and Peter Hale. Emma wanted to refresh the past away, and the best way to do that is to give back and be selfless. Now her consciousness was clear, and she no longer felt the negativity that was weighing her down; unbeknownst to her friends, of course, she hid it very well.

Emma had always felt things differently or more than others do. Negativity affects her differently than most, and it can tear her down. That's why she still prefers positivity, even in the darkest circumstances. Because she just can't let in that darkness. There's a reason why Malia tells Emma, that she reminds the werecoyote of those 'hang in there' posters with the cats. Emma didn't know if that was a compliment or not, but she took it as one because those cat posters were so darn cute to Emma.

The blonde would be lying if she didn't say she missed her friends dearly. Because Emma most certainly did, she called them almost every night they usually answered because it's been relatively quiet in Beacon Hills. Except for Liam's full moon stories, she almost died laughing when Stiles told her that he ran around town naked. Mason was persistent in questioning her about the boys and then ranting about the Berserker that held him and Lydia captive in the basement.

After Emma avoided multiple questions about boys and Berserkers, she called Liam to quiz him on why he hasn't told Mason about the supernatural. It was decided that it was Liam's job to do that, primarily because Emma was on a supernatural break, a much-needed one. Of course, if their friends were in danger, she would've dropped the break and hopped on the next flight to California. Liam volunteered to tell Mason after Scott and Stiles gave them the okay. It amazed her that he still hasn't mentioned a word to him. Mason was working himself into a frenzy, trying to figure out what exactly trapped him and Lydia in that basement for hours.