PANIC

fourteen | Panic

ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ

L'Manburg felt wrong, like it was missing something important. I couldn't put my finger on it, I couldn't even wrap my mind around the concept of my idea. I just knew it felt wrong.

Stepping out of the forest, back into the pouring rain, a small cluster of soaked bodies crown on the edge of L'Manburg, where they were yesterday, where the black wall opened slightly to reveal a masked man, with an entourage of colorful faces. Angry, colorful faces.

I hear distant shouting, and the accents that belonged to Fundy, Tubbo, Tommy and every now and then, the southern drawl Fennen had. I heard the quite mumbling of Ainsley, the dark tremor of Philza's voice as he tried to calm the citizens around him, a light floating beside him, a light wearing a yellow sweater. It takes a moment for me to recognize it, but when I do, I pause my steps.

That's right, Jschlatt said he saw Wilbur..

Taking a hesitant step towards the group, feeling the rain let up slightly, I focus on the messy head of blonde hair, flattened down by the rain. I hear the blondes shouts of protest, his last attempt to stop his exile from occurring. I would admire his persistence, if it wasn't a futile effort.

As I approach, it seems like I've gotten here just in time, seeing as Dream and Tommy were going at each other's throats like wild mutts. President Tubbo stands to the side, closer to the wall, water dripping from the small curls of his hair, the others didn't look much different.

"-I don't give a fuck about anything Tommy!" I hear Dream shout once I was in range, hearing the poison behind each word he spits at the boy. "I care about your discs! Hell, I care about you'r discs more than you do!" I just knew there had to be spit dripping down his mask, just from the sheer volume, just everything about the way he said what he did.

Tommy looks frightened, but stands his ground, forcing his way to the masked man. The blonde has a confused face, going on about how Dream shouldn't care about his discs, seeing as they were Tommy's. But Dream wasn't having any of it.

As soon as I made it beside Tubbo, Dream pushes Tommy back, causing the boy to fall onto the wet ground, mud filtering in through the cloth of his clothing. Everyone was shocked, and no one moved, no one dared. Dream was a powerful man, and everyone knew it.

"You talk about me having nothing over you since I gave the other disc to Skeppy, since I no longer have the one thing you care about. But you are dead wrong Tommy." Dream snapped, watching as the boys scrambles in the mud, trying to stand. "I have more than you realize."

"Yeah? And what do you have Dream?! What do you have that could possibly mean-" Tommy gets cut off before he could finish, and what Dream says after makes me sick to my stomach.

"I have the power to completely level everything you, and everyone here, has worked so hard to fix. I have the power to destroy your home, your friends, your family!" Tommy pales, but doesn't step down. "If It were my desire, I can burn your entire life down and leave you nothing.

"So don't try and threaten me Tommy, don't even step a goddamn foot out of line! I will build these walls as high as I can, I will hire guards to patrol the perimeter. No trade, no communication, no armor or weapons or else everyone will be slathered! I have been merciful, I have been lenient," he stares at Tubbo. "But I will follow through with what I said." Dream pauses, then continues, giving more fuel to the fore, yet stomping it out all the same.

"L'Manburg can be independent, but L'Manburg can't be free." And Dream didn't have to explain more for us to get what he meant. The walls around us said exactly what he did, said words darker and more harmful.

I didn't even know what was going on.

Tubbo speaks first, seeing as no one else could, but his words shock us all, Tommy included.

"Tommy, you had one job. I gave you one damn job, be calm, be compliant, and you could that. You couldn't do one thing for me!" The President shouts, gesturing around him. "You're being selfish, you aren't the only one who lives here Tommy!" The blond in question is taken aback by his friends words, hurt in his eyes. No one else spoke, no one dared. But Tubbo's next words are confusing to me, yet I don't question his actions.

"And sure, if the roles were reversed, maybe you wouldn't have exiled me- and that would be because I actually would've listened to you! Not go off on the man who can quite actually kill us all where we stand!" Tubbo doesn't get angry, but he was fuming as of now.

"Selfish." The President spat, his face conveying no other emotion than anger. Tommy stares at his friend, then at the people who surrounded him, as did I. Everyone had a look of shock, but buried beneath it was agreement, not even those who stood ready to fight Dream with Tommy were expressing something else, and the blond saw this as much as I did.

Tommy chokes on a sob. "So, thats it? You all agree with him?" Some nodded, some looked away, some just walked away, but it was all the same answer. Maybe it was the panic that made people agree with Tubbo, or just the plain, evident facts laid out on a silver platter, but most who didn't want Tommy exiled were agreeing. Tommy smiles sadly, painfully.

"I see..I see." He says bitterly, than turns to face Dream once more, who clearly had a smile on his face, even though his mask obscured his emotions. That and the rain.

Tommy sneers at the man, but moves to the wall where a bag was waiting, all of his fight dying like a small flame, sniffed out in the pouring rain. Dream follows him, hands gripping onto a small dagger I didn't even realize he had.

This was happening.

Tubbo speaks one more time before turning away from his friend, his Tommy. "Dream, please escort Tommy out of L'Manburg."

It was alway Tubbo and Tommy, but not anymore, not when the words left the Presidents mouth and flooded his friend's mind. Not when a masked man grabbed the blond by the shoulders and pushed him through the gap in the wall, not when no one said a proper goodbye. Not when the duo was out of sight, and the emotions spilled out of everyone who stayed.

I didn't even realize that Wilbur's ghost was gone, and I didn't even realize the rain had stopped.

I didn't get to say goodbye..

1169 words

Not my best work, and I know it was rushed and anticlimactic, but I'm treading a fine line between writers block, and failure T~T

Sorry for this chapter sucking ass