PROBLEMS

twenty-nine | Problems

ᴠɪᴇɴɴᴀ

Walking into New L'Manburg is, well, something.

The walls Dream built around the nation were deconstructed, but there was still some remains of the black material the mad-man used. I could see it scattered around the perimeter, following some of the river towards the graves but never crossing over the sacred grounds, I guess Dream held too much respect for one man buried within our walls to destroy the bridge across.

Schlatt walked beside me, his feet hovering a few inches off of the ground, so more float than walk. The ghost made simple conversation, asking questions that would only need to be answered with a simple nod or shake of my head. He was being considerate of how I would appear to those walking around New L'Manburg, talking to yourself wasn't taken very lightly apparently.

"Is the rebuilding process over? Like are most of the buildings fixed?" Jschlatt asked, curiously looking around the nation as we walk along the tree line, heading towards the new houses that sat above the small pond Philza made on stilts. I nod my head, stuffing my hands into the jeans Jschlatt picked out for me. They were very comfortable, specially in the cooling weather. The winter months picked up a few nights ago, faster than last years winter, almost like nature was punishing us for what we did-

I really need to stop thinking about Tommy. I hope he was alright..

Should I visit him? Does he miss us? Does he even want to see any of us after that night..?

"Vienna? Hello?" I hear a whisper in my ear, shaking me from my thoughts. I guess I was more worried than I should be seeing as I was one of the people to put Tommy out in the wilderness.

"Yeah, hey, sorry.. Just got caught up in my thoughts.." I whisper back to my ghost, hoping he doesn't push this topic. I really just wanted a nice day walking around L'Manburg, take my mind off of things and hopefully make this day go faster. Jschlatt doesn't seem to see that, and asks anyways. Sometimes I feel like he's making me talk about my feelings on purpose.

"Like what?" His voice is soft, giving me the opportunity to decline and keep battling myself inside my own head, but I don't. Maybe talking about it will cause the battle to die down at least for a few hours. I'd face my demons one day, but I didn't want to today, maybe ever.

"Just worried for Tommy is all." My words come out softer than I expected, like I was afraid someone might here my confession, and not because I was talking to myself. "We haven't had any word from Tommy or Dream. I just don't know.., what if something bad happened to him?" I could barely hear myself as I mutter the last statement, trying not to think about it too much.

But images still plague my mind, playing like a broken record.

Tommy's corpse laid out on the ground, blood surrounding his head and drying in his blonde hair, the birds eating what remained of him.