Chapter 70: Regret Is Not At The Beginning

"Are we there yet? Isn't this a bit too far?" Yu Li frowned as she looked at the increasingly deserted scenery outside the window.

"Oh, is this not the case everywhere in the countryside? Old Wu specially lent us his villa for vacation. The environment there is very good. The children are trapped in the building all day long. Taking them to the countryside to get in touch with nature is good for growth." Yu Li's driving husband replied.

"You are a teacher. You should know better about education than me."

"I'm just worried that the place is too remote. In case something happened, it is inconvenient." Yu Li muttered.

"What can happen when we just come to play for a few days? Your worrisome character should have been changed a long time ago." the husband said impatiently, "So anxious all day long. It will affect the growth of our child."

Then, the husband talked to their son to make him quiet. Yu Li didn't know if she should be happy.

"Dad, can I go out to play later?" The little boy sitting in the back row suddenly said.

"Of course, there is a big lake there. I will take you to go fishing and catch a lot of fish." The husband turned his head and said to his son.

"Okay, Dad is the best!" the boy cheered.

"Then do you like your father more or mother more?" The man then asked.

Yu Li frowned when she heard this question.

"I like dad." The boy said without even thinking about it, "My mother always nags me, not letting me eat out, and not letting me eat fried chicken."

The man laughed, very satisfied after hearing this. "Good son, when we arrived, Dad will take you around and have a good time."

The boy giggled excitedly.

"I work hard to take care of him every day, but he actually said that to me?" Yu Li was very disappointed.

"Why do you think so much about children's words? I know that you usually work hard for our children. Now, I'm taking you out to play, isn't it just to help you?" The husband said dissatisfiedly.

"Help?" Yu Li smiled bitterly, "Aren't they your children? What do you mean you are helping me?"

"Okay, here we go again. I don't want to argue with you about this issue."

Her husband was obviously impatient when he talked about this topic and muttered softly, "Which women will be like this? I also specially asked for leave to spend a few days with you. I don't know how many men can do this."

The implied meaning is that Yu Li should also thank him.

Yu Li looked out the window with a calm face. The sky is full of clouds, and it seemed that it was about to rain.

For some reason, she had a foreboding that this journey will not be pleasant.

After arriving at the destination, Yu Li knew that this was a villa area on the mountainside. Several similar villas were isolated not far away. Rows of houses could be seen at the foot of the mountain. It was well-built countryside.

When the little boy got out of the car, he was like a wild horse whose rein had been taken off. The little girl was a little drowsy after riding the car all the way, but she did not say a word.

At this time, a middle-aged woman happened to pass by their house and took the initiative to greet them.

"Hello, I live next door. This is your house?"

"No," Yu Li replied, "It's a friend's house. We just came to play for two days."

The middle-aged woman is very friendly. She came over and chatted with Yu Li, telling her where is the convenience store nearby and where to buy food.