Magical Threads

Ch.4

This researching frenzy continued until he had a timeline of events that happened in this world. He searched online for any hint of a Harry James Potter existing and when he didn't he looked for any sort of way of earning money. He registered online to sell jewelry and used the gallons he had in his moleskin bag as a way to supply the material he would be transfiguring (following the releasing of the dragon in Gringotts he was banned by the goblins, so he took all of the money he had into his moleskin bag). He used the many knuts he had in order to transfigure them into the furniture and equipment needed around the apartment, the colors were usually a dark red with gold trim in order to reflect the Griffindor color scheme. He established himself an online shop and was steadily selling his jewelry online and it should be enough for the things he needs to buy.

Harry enrolled into an online school in order to catch up on the muggle affairs that are going on in this world. Surprisingly he was good at most subjects except biology and history, to remedy this he often went to the library in order to read up even more on the more recent events that are occurring in this world. While he was doing this he increased his research on the Avengers. It turns out that even the muggles that didn't display any magic weren't ordinary, their team consisted of: a human wearing a robot suit that he designed himself, a man frozen from years ago, 2 assassins and the two other magic folk that caught his interest. He also found out that the person that organised this was a man named Loki and he himself wielded magic on a scale the Avengers did not. He immediately caught Harry's attention due to the magic streams he is using.

When he looked at the videos that people had posted he was reminded of the streams that surrounded him. He closed his eyes, focused on the streams and then opened them. Around him were 3 different types of streams. One was a thick golden and sparkly stream. Easily catching his attention, when he lifted his hand to interact with them did the stream bend around his arm as though avoiding him. Not deterred he stood up and continued to try and reach it to no avail. The next stream was a thin, silvery one. It wasn't as thick as the golden one but it was much more dense. When he lifted a hand to touch it, it seemed to gravitate towards his hand. One thought of a wingardium leviosa easily lifted some of the furniture in the room. Surprised he dropped his hand but it seemed as though the stream was firmly tangled through sheer will and Harry had to manually drop the spell. The last, most unnoticeable thread was a thick, clear one. He also attempted to touch this one but his hand just passed through. So out of the three he was only able to use one stream but it was powerful enough that not only was he able to wandlessly cast a spell but non verbally as well. As an experiment he took out the Elder Wand (from the wand holster he transfigured and attached to his arm) and immediately the threads wrapped around the wand and seemed to almost buzz. Due to the amount of threads that were wrapped around the wand, Harry knew that any spell would be powerful even excluding the fact that it was the Elder Wand.

Done with all the magic testing he went outside to the local park as he wanted some fresh air. When he arrived he was pleasantly surprised with the park being empty and walked around in a lazy circle. Closing his eyes briefly and enjoying the sun he was unprepared to the suddenly push and the harsh sting of the ground on his palms. Opening his eyes he saw that a boy that was the same age as him with brown hair and glasses knocked into him from running. It seems that he has been running for a while now as he was wheezing a concerning amount. Harry could hear some other kids loudly talking and concluded that the boy probably was running from them(his experiences with Dudley and his gang made him acutely aware of bullying and their tactics). Quickly Harry was on his feet, grabbed him and speed walked to a hiding place. As the boy seemed to regain his breath Harry quickly said "It seemed as though you were running from them so I just found a spot to hide, this is... awkward so I'll just go now...". Harry attempted to slink away before the boy grabbed his shirt from behind, still out of breath "Wait...ummm... thanks...". "No problem" he then successfully walked away and returned to his apartment happy to have helped someone at least a bit. Exhausted he went to his bed and slept until a nightmare once again woke him up at 3am. Eh... could be worse, at least he got some sleep before seeing Voldemorts rear his face once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter having been left alone in the empty hiding spot and stood there for a few minutes as he processed that: 1) He successfully got away from Flash and his gang and 2) Who on Earth would help him escape them when he ran into the poor guy in the first place? Shaking out of his daze, Peter stealthily walked out of the spot and continued on his way home to his apartment, still thinking about the weirdly helpful boy, it was obvious that he wasn't from around here due to the accent he had. When he got home Ben was cooking (As much as Peter loves May, her cooking just doesn't work out, taste or otherwise) while May was cleaning the living room from their movie night. "May, Ben I'm home!" "Come to the kitchen, I'll have this spaghetti done in no time". Happy to get some pasta, Peter speed walked to the kitchen with May somehow getting there before him. Sitting down at the dinner table with a serving of spaghetti, they all talked about their day and when it came to Peters turn he mentioned how there was a nice kid his age walking around the park and how he helped him (excluding the part where Flash and his gang were chasing him of course). Both guardians were happy that Peter found someone else who's nice to him as Peter's only current friend is Ned. "How about we go to that park on my day off tomorrow to see if you wanna talk to him more?" May said in between her bites. Grinning Peter agreed, eating his pasta quickly, excited to meet the boy again.