Cinema Birthday

Ch.8

Peter's birthday wasn't far from Harry's. He received a text from Peter about if he could come to the cinema with him and Ned on August the 10th. Harry agreed and the moment that it was confirmed, Harry went into a hunt for the best birthday present he could find. Going online he ordered some space themed shoes and a lightsaber pin that he could attach to his school bag or clothes. These items should arrive on time so Harry could wrap them in wrapping paper. When they did arrive, it was exactly as described and was a perfect gift. Wrapping them up, Harry waited until Peters birthday came.

When the day finally arrived, Harry dressed up in jeans and the cardigan that Peter bought him and ventured out to the cinema. When he got there, Ned was already waiting but Peter still wasn't there. While they waited for Peter, they talked about trivial stuff and minor events throughout their week. When Peter arrived with Uncle Ben strolling behind him at a leisurely pace. They gave Peter their presents, Ned gave Peter a Star Wars flask with a Jedi key charm. After getting their tickets checked, the 3 boys sat down on their seats and waited until the movie began.

After the movie was over, the 3 of them went over to the Parker's apartment as they would spend the rest of the celebration over there. When they arrived at the apartment, the cake that Ben made was already prepared on the table. After singing the song and blowing out the candles, they ate the cake and talked about the movie. While Ned gushed about the graphics, Peter was commenting about the plot while Harry was explaining how the sound effects for the battle part were clearly wrong (from personal experience).

 Directly after eating the cake, all 5 of t hem went into the living room and played the few board games that were there. A few games of monopoly and UNO was established, with May destroying them every monopoly game and Ned drawing with Peter for first place in UNO. Harry and Ben didn't win any of the rounds however they didn't mind, just watching from the sidelines and didn't want to mix into the competitive spirit that consumed the 3 of them.

All throughout those rounds, the room was filled with jokes, laughter and banter. Harry relaxed, absorbing the energy that surrounded them. When the sun was setting and the party was over, Ned was collected and when May asked if anyone was collecting Harry, he replied that his Aunt had a late shift and he could walk home alone. Slightly concerned but not wanting to overstep, she allowed him to leave as it wasn't that dark yet but extracted a promise that he'll text Peter when he gets home.

 Agreeing Harry turned to leave before being ambushed by Peter from behind in a hug "I'm so happy you're my friend" he whispered before releasing him and waving goodbye. Harry chuckled "Me too" and left to get to his apartment. When he got to the street, he located an empty alleyway and apparated to his house, not willing to walk all the way there.

~~~

While Peter was ecstatic that Ned and Harry could come to his birthday party, he was silently compiling a mental list of everything about Harry in an attempt to help him. When Harry wasn't collected by his Aunt along with all of the past evidence that he mentally compiled, it was the final nail in the proverbial coffin and Peter steeled himself into discovering more of Harry in order to help him. Until he can work behind the scene and rope Ned into helping, he'll keep quite and not mention any of Harry's family.