Nobody understands me

Hi, I'm Jess. As you know from the title, nobody really understands me. I have a lot of fears, some are normal and some are 'weird.' Well, that's what other people say. I'm scared of being watched on security cameras, so that makes me really scared and anxious. Once, I saw a hidden security camera in the bathroom at school, so I tried to break it. I can visualize myself being watched on the security cameras, I can see the principal sitting in her office, watching me through the security cameras. I know this sounds weird, but it's who I am. My brain is different from everyone else's.

I can tell you when this started. It started at the end of 2022 when I was in Year 6. I started to feel self-conscious around the security cameras. I felt like they were judging me, my body, and the way I act. My brain kept telling me, 'Don't look at the security cameras!' and 'Don't be yourself around the security cameras, they're watching you!' So, it made me feel scared and uncomfortable around the security cameras.

When I walk near security cameras, I squeeze my hands really tight and say, 'Don't look! Don't look! Don't look!' My brain starts to make me feel scared; it always says, 'The people are judging you! They know all your secrets! The police are judging you!' It makes me feel like just hiding in a small, dark, quiet corner where there are no security cameras or people present.

I don't have any friends, most people think I'm weird, but I'm just different to everyone else. I try to act "cool" but no matter how hard I try, people will always hate me. Sometimes I feel like I was born to be a joke, and I'm actually the most hated person in the world. You try living in my life, constantly trying to get people to like you. It's exhausting. I'm scared of the principal at my school, and teachers. One of the teachers from Tom's class, always makes me feel scared, just her authority is scary. She has the same authority as the principal, it scares me.

Here's a security camera at my old school:

Some security cameras are hidden and some are visible, but note: you should always be aware of your surroundings in public

Some security cameras are hidden and some are visible, but note: you should always be aware of your surroundings in public. Don't draw attention to yourself, because the security cameras are watching.

I went to the store and I kept looking at the security cameras, I kept saying to myself, 'Why is so many security cameras?" I started to feel scared, so I looked down and walked out the store.