Barbecue and Baked Cookies

@HopeHavenStrite @This_Weird_Freak and @FawkUMeanBeatch have inspired me so much. Your comments are so sweet and I look forward to more of your feedback!!!

//edited//

**Becca and her pregnant self up above**

I opened my door slowly and peaked out to see if Rogue was still here. His door was closed but loud music coming from the room gave me enough confidence to sprint down the stairs where I found Penny waiting for me.

"Saint sweety what are you doing", Penny asked with a raised brow. I blushed not realizing how idiotic I probably looked and cast my head down suddenly finding my feet very interesting.

"No need to be embarrassed. I was just gonna remind you that the barbecue starts at 6".

"What barbecue",I asked confused.

"I sent that stupid boy up there to tell you", Penny groaned as she shook her head,"Everyone goes over to Rascals house once every week or so to cook out and have a good time".

"I would but I have to work tonight and I don't think my boss will let me get off for this",I say sadly.

"They close the bar down for these Saint. Scott's a part of the gang too. Now you have no excuse for not going", Penny smirked going back to mixing something in a bowl.

"Fine I guess I'll go get ready" I mumbled trying to be enthusiastic as I drug my feet back up the stairs I so desperately ran down earlier.The thought of meeting everyone in the club so early on was freaking me out.If I just stay quiet and in the back maybe no one will notice me.

I found Penny by the door at 5:50 waiting for me with a smile."You look gorgeous darling. I just know everyone will love you".I looked down at my shorts and simple t-shirt with vans skeptically, but before i could say anything she squealed and pulled me towards the car in the driveway.

It took no more than 3 minutes to reach a beautiful house at the other and of the street. I glanced over at Penny wondering why we couldn't have walked but she ignored it and hopped out.I stayed close to Penny as she greeted people left and right with smiles and tight hugs. Occasionally someone would say hello to me but most just admired from a distance.

"Saint I want you to me Becca", Penny spoke breaking me from my thoughts as a pregnant girl my age walked up. The girl,Becca had a large smile on her as she hugged Penny and than reached to hug me.

"I don't mean to be all touchy"Becca states,"Penny here just keeps telling me so much about you".

"All good things I hope",I laughed out .

"Trust me girl it really is. Now why dont I take you to meet a few more people our age and save you from all the old people Penny keeps introducing you too", Becca shouts the last part as she pulls me away from a scolding Penny.

By the time the food was ready and everyone sat down to eat Becca introduced me to most of the guys in the gang our age and a few of their girlfriends. They made me feel accepted in every way and it's safe to say I made quite a few friends today.

"Do you want to want to go baby shopping with me this weekend", Becca beams at me as we throw out food away.She had grown close to me over the past few hours telling me her life story in the process.Her hospitality and kindness made me feel welcome and like we were really becoming friends.

"Of course! Hopefully I'll be off one of tho-". Ring ring. My phone cuts me off and I give Becca an apologetic look before walking away from everyone and answering it.

"Hello",I answered in a low voice scared of who was on the other side.

"Saint thank god",Taylor whispers into the phone .

"What's wrong Taylor. Did he find me ! Please tell me he's not onto me yet",I whispered into the phone as tears pooled up in my eyes.My grip on the phone tightened as I waited for her answer.

"No but I'm afraid he'll find you soon Saint. Luke is going batshit crazy trying to find you. He's worse than before",Taylor whimpered causing my heart to ache.

"I hate that you didnt come with me",I said to her sadly. She didnt answer me for a second as I heard a door open and voice start yelling at her and then the door closed.

"Sorry Saint that was Luke. I really need to go before he gets suspicious of me. I love you", She whispers so low that I barely hear her.

"I love you too. Lets hope that the next time we meet it'll be on good terms",I said to her before ending the call.

I sighed and leaned more into the fence in front of me. Taylor is risking her life for me by not telling Luke where I'm at and I just hope he doesn't find out she knows.

"Who are you running from",A deep voice groaned from behind scaring me.

I turned around to see Rogue looking at me attentively. He just had to be the one to over hear the call. I was so fucking screwed.

"Its uhm nothing",I managed to say moving forward hoping to get past him.

"It is when it could endanger my family", He sneered making me freeze .

"Just leave me alone Rogue. I can handle myself",I snapped at him before shoving past him heading back to the party.Rogue pulled on my shirt ripping a piece off the back as I stumbled into his chest.

"Saint",He whispered making me snap my head in his direction ready to give him hell. But what he was starting at made me stop. Rogues eyes were trained on the faded scars running down my shoulder and back. I jerked my shoulder away from his gaze and took off in between people. Rogue and a few others called my name but I ignored them and kept running with tears pouring down my face.

I reached Penny's house in no time thankful that the door was left open. I managed to wipe some of the tears from my face as I climbed the wooden steps only to see a man standing in front of me. He looked surprised to see me .

"Can I help you",I asked in between hiccups.

"Yeah I'm looking for Rogue",He said as he nodded towards the door,"This is his house right"?

"It is. But he's at the barbecue down the street. I'm sure you wouldn't miss it if you walk down this street",I mumbled pointing to the door without looking at him.

"Well I would go but I cant leave a pretty lady here by herself",He smirked surprising me. "I'm Joker by the way,a cousin and you are"?

"Saint. I live here with Penny".

"Well Saint how about we go inside and I'll bake you some cookies so you'll feel better",Joker suggested with a smile.Giving him a skeptical look I finally caved at the idea of sweets.Going against my better judgement I followed him into the kitchen.

"I'd like that",I answered with a smile of my own.

--------------
Okay here's the update and I'm hoping to get another one in in the next few days. I hope you guys like it and again thanks to those who inspired me to write some of the things in this chapter. Please vote comment and share it would mean the world to me. Love yall❤