{34} Prom

~Summer-Storm~

"Princesa." A voice whispers, making me stir. "Princesa!" I groan but don't open my eyes. "PRINCESA!"

Alarmed, my eyes snap open as I throw my fist out, catching the person in the jaw, making them curse. I jump up, lunging at the person, taking us both to the living room floor. I flip the person onto their front and pin their arm to their lower back.

"Ow, shit, shit, fuck! Princesa, it's me, Kayden!"

My eyes widen. "Oh shit!" I let him go and help him up. "I'm sorry. Reflexes."

He massages his shoulder. "It's fine." I lean up and peck him on the cheek. "Hey, you missed!" He pouts cutely.

He leans down to kiss my lips but I turn away, making him kiss my cheek instead. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet. Morning breath."

"Welp, I got all of that on video."

Kayden and I both turn to the kitchen doorway and see Mama Paris holding her phone, a smirk on her face.

"You mean you got Kayden getting his ass kicked by his girlfriend on video?" I grin, walking over. "You have to send that to me."

"Summer! Mamí!" He whines like a little kid.

*~*

"Kayden, where the hell are you taking me?!" I question as he covers my eyes with his hands, leading me somewhere in the school.

"Just a few more seconds. I promise."

Like promised, he removes his hands a few seconds later and my jaw drops as I gawk at what I see.

The whole gym is covered in pink sticky notes. One wall has the word 'PROM?' spelled out in blue sticky notes.

"Prom isn't my thing," I say turning around to face Kayden. "But of course I'll go with you."

He pulls out a pack of Oreos from behind his back. "I got you these instead of flowers."

"You know me too well." I say, taking the Oreos and pecking his lips.

I hear cheering as my brother, Kyla, Hannah and Cassie walk out from under the bleachers.

"STAYDEN!"

*~*

"Ow, ow, OW!" I yell in pain as Kyla tugs at my hair while curling it. My hair is naturally pin straight, and truthfully, I like it. So I don't know why Kyla's trying to rip it all out. "That freaking hurts!"

"Oh, stop complaining." She says, curling one last bit of hair. "Done."

Then Cassie walks up to me, in her gold dress and heels. Kyla's wearing a blue dress and stilettos. Hannah's wearing a green dress and flats.

If you can't tell by now, we're all at Kyla's house getting ready for prom.

I look in Cassie's hands and see a makeup bag in it and immediately start protesting.

"Oh, hell no. No. No. No. No way. Hell to the no!"

"Come on, Stormy." Hannah pleads from her position on Kyla's bed as I sit on a chair in front of her dresser.

"No." I decline. "I don't wear makeup."

"It's just some eyeliner, mascara and lipstick." Cassie assures. "We don't need to contour or anything like that since you already have high cheekbones and a great jawline."