Chapter 1

Jumping at the sound of thunder you curled into a ball and covered your ears as they flattened against your head in fright. Shivering from the harsh rain that pelted your small form you watched as the villagers rushed into either their shops or homes as you crawled from the spot you were in trying to escape from the rain, too the farthest side of the cage to avoid the sideways rain was coming in through the bars. Hugging yourself when you were able to get to the driest stop in the cage you watched as the freezing rain pelted the flooring of your prison. Letting a sniffle out as another flash of lightening struck just over head, you let a small scream leave your throat as the lightning barely missed your metal cage. Shaking from both fear and cold “L-let me out of h-here! Please! I don't w-want to die!” You cried as a large crash was heard from the front of the village. Jumping back and covering your face at a woman's blood curdling scream from the same direction ripped through the storms winds. Hearing multiple foot steps and yelling you peeked an eye open and saw that some of the villagers were running in a panic as unknown men chased them with swords and guns. Watching as the unknown men started entering building after building you noticed they were taking everything that looked valuable then set the buildings ablaze, causing a smiled to form on your face as the people who hurt and imprisoned you screamed in terror and ran for their lives. Turning your head to watch more your eyes widened when the leader of the village came running to your cage and pulled on the chain making you fall face first into the metal flooring below harshly “This is your doing isn't it! You called upon the sinner’s of the sea to come and destroy us all! You filthy hellspawn, I should have let Smith kill you when we had the chance!” He yelled pulling the chain again forcing you to be pressed into the bars of the cage with a sword in hand ready to strike. Whimpering at the man be for you in fear, you tried to pull away from the bars at the thought of what was about to come making the iron shackle bite into the back of your neck. Just as he brought his sword up to plunge into your small form, two blades were forced through the back of his ribs to cross threw the front. Falling back from the sudden lose of restraint, you sat up and watched as the pasture coughed up blood before falling to the ground motionless. Looking up at the man who saved you, you saw that he had long light blue hair that was being darkened by the rain. Blinking at the strangers dark sunken in eyes you looked at what looked to be like stitches that ran along his mouth and cheek bones, before looking at the tattooed thorns that went around his neck and down his shoulders and arms. Meeting his eyes again you watched each other in slight shock and curiosity, until a laugh caught both of your attentions. Not to far away was a tall, muscular man with pale skin and bright red hair. Looking more closely he also had dark reddish purple colored lips and fingernails and a big fluffy coat. Squinting you saw that he had a large scar that went from the left side of his forehead to his neck and another smaller one that went through his left eye. But that was just a small detail until you saw the metal arm he sported on his left side. “Listen hear you worthless worshippers! Hand over everything you've got and we might let you go unharmed!” He yelled as he pointed a pistol at some random woman's head. Watching as people began to follow his orders you turned to look back at the man before you.  Who was looking at your cat like features then at the large metal collar around your neck with the chain attached to it and the cage flooring, glancing at the many small cuts and bruises that riddled your arms, legs and face. Heat swung one of his swords at the lock that kept the cage closed. “I don't know what you are but treating a child in such away is as cruel as the world nobles treat their citizens. I suggest you leave here and never look back.” He said in a rough voice breaking the iron restraint on your neck, before racing off to join his fellow crew mates in third pillaging rampage. Sitting there for a moment before shakily stepping out of the cage and watched as the unknown man ran off. Looked down at the dead pasture you felt a sudden want of anger and hatred for him and everyone in the village. “You got what you deserved. And I hope that everyone here suffers the same fate as you in hell!” You yelled angrily kicking him, until something shiny caught you attention. Crouching down and going threw his breast pocket you found a gold key, looking it over you held it close as a thought came to you making a happy smile form on your face. 'Maybe this opens something important! I can give this to my savour as a thank you!' You thought getting up and running in the same direction he went. Hearing as the men, women, and their filthy children screamed and ran around like chickens with their heads cut off you tried to spot long blue hair in the crowd. Making a left turn you stopped immediately in your tracks as you found your target, but froze when he set a house on fire with his breath. Snapping out of your trance when you were shoved by a villager you shook your head and ran up to him. Tugging on his pant leg to get his attention as your tail flicked happily behind you at finding him. Feeling the tugging on his leg, Heat was about to strike when he saw that it was you. “What the hell are you still doing here? I told you to get out of here!” He yelled roughly smacking your small hand away. Flinching at this your ears flattened and you took a small step back fearing you had done something wrong. “I-I got this for you! I-I don't know what i-it go’s to...B-but it's shiny so it has to be important!” You stuttered as you held the gold key out to him as you shook a little. Making a brief face of guilt Heat took the key from you before sheathing his swords. “Com’on kitt, Master Kid would like to see this.” He said picking you up and holding you under his arm as he ran to look for his captain.