Chapter 1~Flippin Flying Beans

Hi guys! Hope you enjoy it!

-G

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sigh. Write something down. Scrunch up nose. Scrunch up paper. Throw it away with frustration. Then repeat.

This is what my life consists of. Absolutely nothing if you ask me. I practically have no social life and just spend my time sitting at this uncomfortable desk. I need some fun.

No. Focus Alexis. Listen to what mum tells you and focus.

Study. Study. Study.

That's all my mum cares about. Yes, it is important and I'm grateful that she cares about my education, but seriously, I'm 17 and I would love to have a life here and there.

Mum thinks I'm my sister. No mother, I'm me. I'm not going to become a Radiologist where I have to work with bones and tell people if their cells are mutating or whatever.

That shit confuses me.

Mum thinks I can be her. No mother, I'm me. I'm not going to become a Journalist where I have to inform people about stuff and simply do the same thing every day.

That shit bores me.

I don't know what I want to do with my life and here I am sitting at my desk studying, which prepares me for my future where I don't know what I'm doing. Oh, don't you just love the way life works?

I need a coffee.

Yep, that's exactly what I need.

So, I get up and of course, I'm asking God once again to give me stable legs, but no I just had to trip over the Mario plush toy on the ground and land, unsafely, on my shoulder. Great.

"Shit" I hiss painfully whilst rubbing my hand over my shoulder trying to see if it helps. It doesn't so my shoulder continues to throb.

I quickly slip on my boots and throw over an oversized jumper and head for the door. However, it doesn't surprise me when my mother stops me before turning the knob.

"Where are you going? It's a school night"

"I'm just going to go get some coffee from the cafe down the road. Chill". I was getting agitated.

"Excuse you, missy, don't you tell me to 'chill'. Do you know how bad coffee is for you? Especially at such a young age?"

And there she is, rambling on about an article she wrote about caffeine in the youth's blood or some shit. I zoned out only to be snapped back into reality by the anti-caffeine freak herself.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Mum, seriously I love you but I just need a break from studying. Is that ok?"

It took her a minute to reply. She just stood there with her arms crossed, her light brown hair effortlessly sitting perfectly on her shoulders and her elegant face goes from stern to calm.

"Don't be too long" she replied.

So there I was walking down to my favourite cafe of all time. McCafé.

I love McDonald's and since they released the McCafé I barely leave. It's pretty much my second home. Don't tease me.

"Hey, Anita!"

Anita worked there, every day. She had an Italian accent and by far was one of my favourite people.

"Allo, my little bambino. The usual?"

"You got that right"

Once I had my cappuccino in hand and paid, Anita and I said our farewells. I started walking back home and took a sip.