Snow Day

A/N: Welcome to my story! Yes, it is done. Not sure if it says completed or not but I am currently editing all of the chapter! A sequel is either here or coming, it is called "What she would Do" so keep an eye out :) Happy reading!

"Marinette.." a spotted creature called into a blue-haired girl's ear. She moans, ignoring the morning sun and the calls of her kwami. If she hadn't been up all night as Ladybug, maybe she would be up and ready. Unfortunately, all the girl wanted to do was sleep. "C'mon Marinette, you don't want to miss seeing a whole day of Adrien... do you? Tikki teases, causing the girl's eyes to flutter open. She squints at the light entering through her circle window.

"What time is it?!" The girl realizes as it is normally dark when she wakes up for school. Tikki giggles as Marinette scrambles down the stairs for her phone. Her hair was a mess and greasy. "10 am?!" Her bluebell eyes are wide. "Why did you not wake me up?" Marinette turns around, a bit irritated with Tikki.

"You're fine, Marinette... there was a cancelation. Although if you are so worried, you might want to set an alarm." Tikki teases her owner as Marinette sighs in relief. She walks over to her mirror.

"God, I need a shower..." Marinette was grabbing breakfast from the counter when her mom came in from the front door, groceries in hand.

"Alright good, you figured out that school had been canceled." She smiles at Marinette as she sets the plastic bags on the counter.

"Yeah, thanks for telling me." Marinette sasses as she takes food out of the bags and places them where they belong. The girl shivers from the air that the once open door brought into the kitchen.

"Well, maybe you should set your alarms." Her mother teases, the teen chuckles, noticing Tikki's similarities to her mom.

Hours before Marinette, Adrien was warned about the snow day. "Your things have been rescheduled. Everything moved to tomorrow," Nathalie tells the boy through his door.

"Thank you, Nathalie." His voice was still scratchy as he had just woken up. His nose was runny, having developed a cold from last night.

"Wow kid, that snowstorm seriously messed you up," Plagg says flying in front of the boy's face. "Maybe you need some more sleep..." He suggests as Adrien shakily makes his way to the bathroom.

"No, no, I am fine." The blonde assured his floating stomach. He was unsure of that when he reached the sink. He was out of breath. His hands find the cold counters, sending an ache through his body.

"C'mon kid, back to bed..." Plagg motions as the boy struggle to remove his hands from the counter. Plagg tucks him in and finds a spot next to him. The clock showed 8 am, the kwami hoped Adrien would sleep it off.

It had been hours when the boy finally woke up. "Plagg... what time is it?" The boy felt a lot better as the warm morning sun reflected onto his skin.

"Not that late into the day kid, glad to see you are feeling better! Now, if you wouldn't mind, I want my cheese." The kwami mentions as Adrien steps out of bed, feeling less helpless. Of course, he had flown through the cabinet, but Adrien did not need to know that. The boy grabs the key off the dresser and inserts it into the keyhole.

"There you go, Plagg," the boy says, plugging his nose. A knock echo's through the room. "Yes, Nathalie?" Adrien asks, returning the key to its place.

"Who are you talking to?" She asks, opening the door and skimming the room.

"No one, I am practicing for a class project." He lies.

"You look awful, Adrien. You can practice after you shower." She leaves. How kind, the boy mentally remarks as he makes his way to the shower, brushing his hair with his hands.