Mourning

Edited TW: Speaks of bones and blood

The boy found himself in the chair, sobbing. He felt bare sitting in the chair as Adrien, people thought he was just a boy with his fathers money. Marinette is Ladybug. He is taken back to earlier that day, to her yelps from the rooftop. Did he really have that little love for Marinette? Adrien slumped back into his chair, closing his eyes. 

A hand wakes Adrien from his dream. "Adrien hun. You're here for Marinette right?" She says kneeling down in front of him, the same nurse who took her away an hour earlier. 

"Is she alright?" He responds immediately, sitting up from where he was slumped.  The nurse closed her eyes before speaking.

"We did all we could, Adrien. I am sorry." All light left Adrien's eyes. She was dead, she was gone. 

"No..." the boy cried, bringing his legs to his eyes, hiding in his knees. "NO!" He screamed. 

"I am truly sorry sweet heart..." the nurse leaves the boy, speed walking out of the room. 

"No!" He yells again, the air in his lungs escaping him. His voice was scratchy. "M'lady.." he cried... his words soon became inaudible, slowing ripping him and his voice apart. He rocked back and forth, comforting himself as if someone were rocking him. "No..." his voice breaks, as he remembers Marinette. 

Marinette was brave, he remembers. She was class representive, she made an album cover for Jagged Stone, she was supposed to be a fashion designer... but with that she balanced being Ladybug. His lady. Marinette allowed him to go to New York, and in new York she lost Chat and Adrien.... the girl had to fight her best friend... the girl was strong. The girl was torn apart by Lila. Adrien stood, Alya was going to feel so guilty. The boy searched for somewhere where he could see his reflection. Finally arriving at a mirror he took a good look at himself. His eyes were more green than ever with the red of his eyes causing them to glow. His cheeks were splotchy, almost as if he had broken out. The boys legs were shaky as he walked back to his chair, he slumps back into his chair... whishing sleep upon himself, praying that it was really all a dream.

The black kwami watched the boy, knowing something wasn't right... this was how it was going to end, it shouldn't. His small green eyes shot open as he realized Tikki's absence. SHE WAS IN MARINETTE'S BAG! The kwami realizes. He looks up to his holder. "I'll be back Adrien, I promise." He whispers to the restlessly sleeping boy. 

Plagg races through all of the walls of the hospital. "C'mon Tikki... where are you?" His head jumps left to right as he enters and exits every room. He watches the floor tiles on his way back, hoping something had fallen. Tile, tile, tile, tile, tile, scrunchie,  tile, tile. The kwami turns around. Red scrunchie! That was Marinette's! "Don't worry Tikki," he says, picking up the large fabric loop. "Adrien!" He yells down the hall. 

At the same time Marinette was waking up. She felt nothing. Panic hadn't developed in the girl yet, so she sat and tried to remember. She was trying to find Chat Noir... that was all she really remembered. Her duties as Ladybug returned to worry he first, causing her to sit up, immediately being thrown back down. The pain was became a virus, spreading from her abdominal to her obliques (sides), and up to her shoulders. Tears allowed their way into Marinette's eyes. It all hurt. Slowly now, she scoots back to the headboard. The bed was very foamy, silk while sheets, and a fluffy blanket. She wasn't her room but this didn't seem like a kidnaping either. Windows lined the wall in front of her, a door to her right and left. The girl tries to remove herself from the bed, moving her hands to the edge of the bed to pull her off. Large metal bracelets reveal themselves. "No.." she whispers. Although it hurt she pulled her wrists up to her chest confirming her theory. She as stopped three inches short of being able to touch the shoulder, chains disabling her. The bluenette tries to remove the blanket with her legs. It was the only area she didn't feel pain. Ignoring the pain she removes the blanket, leaving her bare in her undergarments. The cold room breeze threatened a shiver as it hit her skin. Her left leg was bent from the knee down to the left. Her right one immobile. The girl once again tried to bring her hand to her face, trying to cover her frown as it turned into a sob. Was she paralyzed? 

"Adrien! Adrien. Wake up!" Plagg yells at the boy. "Adrien!" Plagg yells again, brining the boy back to reality. The kwami felt guilty as the boys eyes filled with hope, instantly diminishing seconds later.  "Adrien... I found this." He holds up the red scrunchie for it to be taken from his paws. 

"Oh Marinette..." he says, looking at it as if he was looking at her. 

"Adrien... I don't think Marinette was ever checked into the hospital." Plagg admits as the boy sits in thought. His eyes shoot up for the rubber band. His brows furrow as he questions Plagg's claim. "I think she was taken by Hawk Moth."