VII

He could see Elena. She was sitting in the library, holding a large book that was too big for her hands, tapping the sides softly with her fingers while reading. Draco didn't think he was being obsessive, he was just observant. They kissed and everything was perfect. He wanted to keep it that way.

After a few minutes of watching her, he heard some footsteps entering the library. He stayed behind a bookshelf but could see from the short distance that it was fucking Elio. She didn't expect to see him either, so she tried to act like he wasn't even there, no matter how hard it was. "Elena," Elio spoke up in a low voice. "We need to talk."

Her heartbeat started to fasten, she was glad that Draco wasn't there. Little did she know that he was. "No, we don't." She said coldly, without looking up from her book. Elio ignored her stubbornness. "What the fuck did I do to make you hate me so much?" Elio asked. She ignored him.

He snatched the book out of her hands and threw it aside, against another bookshelve. "What the fuck!" Elena hissed, slamming her hands on the table as she stood up. "Answer me." Elio demanded sternly. She ignored him, but he blocked her way when she tried to go grab the book. "Answer me." Elio repeated, his face flushed red with hot anger.

"This isn't a good time, Black. I've got things to do." She said coldly, looking to her side. Elio crossed his arms, shaking his head. "I'm not leaving and neither are you. Not until you tell me what I did to deserve this fucked up behavior." Elio said fiercely.

Draco didn't want them to talk. It was dangerous. If Elio continued to ask she might tell him— he will tell her that it's bullshit and then everything will go to shit. "I figured out your little secret, so I don't want anything to do with you anymore." Elena told him, also crossing her arms.

Elio frowned, scoffing. "I'm sorry, which secret are we talking about here?"

"Don't act so innocent. Draco told me all I needed to know about you." She said, her voice like poison, her eyes able to kill. Elio then laughed. She didn't. "Ah, there we go. Malfoy. What a surprise.." He said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I should thank him. If he hadn't enlightened me about your history then we would've still been friends. Lord knows what you would've done." She said, her heart pounding with rage because he kept denying it. She believed Draco.

"What the fuck did he tell you..?" Elio said. His voice was slow but it sounded like he was about to snap. "Come on, sweetheart. Don't play games with me. What did he tell you?" He took a step closer to her, causing her to step back, just in case.

Don't tell him, Draco thought to himself, balling his hands into fists.

"That you've always wanted whatever Draco liked. From when you were kids until now. He thinks that you're only here because you knew he liked me. You want to take me from him just to make him upset." She said, not so confident in the story anymore when she saw the look on Elio's face.

"And you believed him just like that? No questions asked, no doubts?" Elio asked, raising his eyebrows. He wasn't exactly angry with her now that he knew this came from Draco. "I trust him." She said, looking down at the floor, swallowing thickly.

"And you didn't consider the possibility that he just made up a story because he's in love with you and sees me as a competition?" Elio asked. He didn't look so angry anymore, rather amused. He'd been waiting for Draco's downfall.

She stayed quiet, but couldn't deny that she felt a little sting of betrayal in her heart. What if Elio was right? "Maybe you should be questioning your friendship with him instead of ours. Because it sounds like he's been manipulating you." Elio said, trying to grab her hand, but she pushed it away.