XXII

For the first time in forever, it didn't feel wrong, but she was able to express her love in a kiss. She put aside her doubts and guilt and melted away into it. Draco could feel it— her veil slipping away and the last few bricks around her heart falling off. He'd never seen her this bare before.

She couldn't help herself either. Their kisses were needy, growing faster and heavier with the second. Perhaps it was the apology, or maybe the passion. There was no time for explaining. "I love you.." She whispered, earing a grunt from him. "Fuck, I love you more.." Draco groaned.

Draco slid a hand underneath her shirt and grabbed the bare skin of her waist. Her confession may have softened his heart, but it had hardened something else of him. "Can I make love to you..?" He whispered, breaking the kiss to meet her eyes. Three years, it had been three years since they had done this. "Yes— yes, please.." She answered.

She'd wanted this for too long— denied it for too long. There were no worries in her mind, not a single spark of hatred towards him in that moment. Perhaps that was the danger of it all. Her recklessness, all because love felt like a drug.

Draco broke the kiss only to get up from the couch. He took her hand, pulling her up with him so he could go back to doing what he'd grown addicted to many years ago. When he was towering over her like that, she felt the same warmth and eagerness in her body she had during their first time. His eyes were demanding with a gleam of gentleness in them. Having an effect like this on someone should be a crime, she thought. How is this healthy?

He kissed the bridge of her nose, his fingers slowly sliding down the length of her arm until he was low enough to take her hand. "The fireplace is already lit for you, my love. It's a cold night." Draco said softly, making her steal a glance at the window while he guided her towards the bedroom. It was snowing again, and not a small amount either.

When Draco opened the door and brought her into the bedroom, she felt her nerves grow thicker. Three years was a long time— what if it wouldn't be the same? She worried that she wouldn't be able to satisfy him as much anymore. Draco had been with other women, what if they were better?

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" He whispered, the door shutting with a soft creak. Draco had noticed the look on her face and wondered whether she had changed her mind. "Are you sure you want to?" She asked, swallowing thickly. Staring at his mouth made her feel like she hadn't kissed him in decades. "Are you mad? 'If I want to?'" Draco chuckled.

He cupped her chin into his hand, a grin of disbelief on his face. "What makes you think I don't want to? Have I not been affectionate enough?" He said with a soft laugh, because they both knew that Draco could barely go a minute without showing large amounts of affection for her. "It's not that, it's just that you—" She stopped and sighed.

"Yes?"

"You've been with others— like this. I haven't," She said, earning a gentle grin from him. "You did it so you could think of me, I didn't so I wouldn't think of you." It wasn't a confession, because he already knew, but hearing her say it was so wonderful. She'd loved him all this time.

"Then why do you worry so, darling? You are the only woman of my heart and soul, I've only ever wanted you. Doesn't that say enough? How could I possibly not want you?" Draco said, taking her hand into his again. She sighed softly in relief, though she should've known by now.

He pulled her against his chest in a swift, sudden move. She gasped, her heart continuing to pound its unhealthy, fast pace. "I want you so bad that I can barely think of anything else. The feeling is so deep and raw that I wondered if it'd kill me if I could never have you again." He whispered.