Chapter 10

"Wait, shit, really?" Zayn asked, and he even snapped his fingers in front of Harry's eyes as if it would magically jumpstart his memories. "What was the first song we sang together on the X-Factor?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and even Louis rolled his eyes at that. "We just told you, I don't remember any- wait, we sang together on the X-Factor?"

"Did he hit his head or something?" Zayn asked Louis, giving Harry a funny look.

"I don't know," Louis shrugged. "He never mentioned anything to me last night. He seemed fine, and then when I come in this morning to get him to help me with Annie, he's standing there freaking out and saying he has no idea who I am."

"Fuck," Zayn said simply, and Louis made an agreeing noise.

"I'm right here, you know," Harry muttered, somewhat annoyed.

Louis glanced at him and then nodded, sighing and straightening up again. "Okay, Zayn, we'll see you later when you bring the kids back, okay? I've gotta explain everything to Harry."

Zayn snorted, corner of his mouth twitching into a wry smile. "Good luck with that," he said, shaking his head and then looking at Harry. "You've got a lot to be explained."

Harry frowned a little and Louis rolled his eyes, pushing at Zayn's shoulder. "Go on, go spend time with your wife," he said, shaking his head.

Zayn laughed and took a couple of steps back. "We'll see you later, Lou," he said with a smile and he glanced at Harry. "You too, Haz. I hope you remember shit soon otherwise the press is going to go crazy."

"Have a good time, Zayn," Louis replied, waving at him before shutting the door and leaning against it with a sigh.

"Press?" Harry asked, hesitant and wary. Louis just groaned and tipped his head up to stare at the ceiling.