Short 12

Chat Noir was on patrol. It had been a rough day for him as Adrien, as he had just finished a photo shoot, he hadn't heard from Ladybug all day, and he got lots of homework... But it wasn't just that.

He had rejected Marinette after she had confessed her love for him.

He rejected Marinette because he is in love with Ladybug. He felt absolutely terrible about it, and regretted it, and wanted apologize a million more times... But it was too late. Marinette was crying and ignoring him for the whole rest of the day. She hated him again. He didn't want that to happen. He didn't want to break her heart like he did. He just felt so terrible. As he leapt from roof to roof, he spotted a silhouette in the street that resembled Ladybug, and he saw the familiar blue shine of her black hair. He was so happy, as he had missed her. He landed on the ground and walked up to her, but as he got closer, he noticed that Ladybug's costume was... Different. Instead of being the usual red with black spots, it was black with red spots... Like Anti-Bug. He went in front of her, examining her costume before greeting her. "Hello, Bugaboo~" He said with a flirtatious grin. Ladybug stared at him silently, her eyes cold and blank. "Hmm? Ladybug? What's wrong?" Chat asked in a concerned tone, his previously cheerful expression fading. No response. "...Hello?" He asked. He stepped closer and waved his hand in front of her for merely 3 seconds before Ladybug grabbed his wrist, sending a surprisingly sharp pain down his arm. Chat cried out and desperately tried to pull away, but Ladybug had him in a death grip. "What is wrong with you?!" Chat asked angrily before realization hit him. "Wait... No. Ladybug, you can't be..." Chat didn't accept that his Partner had been Akumatized, and he didn't know why. She then glared at him with those same, evil eyes. She raised her other hand, reaching it towards Chat's hand she was grabbing... The hand with his Miraculous. "No! No, Ladybug, don't!" Chat pleaded, but Ladybug ignored him and slipped the ring right off his finger, grasping it tight in her palm. A maniacal laugh escaped her lips as she released the de-transforming Chat's wrist, and he collapsed to the ground. She began walking away, leaving behind a distraught Adrien. He gathered up his strength, enough to pick himself up off the ground. He didn't chase after her, but instead but sighed. "...Why?" He asked quietly. Ladybug stopped, but didn't face him. "...Adrien..." Ladybug muttered. "...How does it feel to be heartbroken, hmm?" She asked, a single tear falling from her eyes. Adrien's eyes widened.

"...Marinette."