chapter seven; roger and i

Aubrey's P

Aubrey's P.O.V

"Never in a million years would I have have guessed that my friends brothers band was Smile."

The place Roger and I chose was a small cozy 50's inspired diner with American food.

"It's a small world we live in, right?"

The french fries we ordered were burning hot, which causes me to drop one on my lap. The silence took over our conversation as we both didn't know what to say. That was until Roger eventually broke the silence.

"So you mentioned you were a singer.."

"Yes, and?"

"I wanna hear you sing."

Well, that's what most people say when I tell them that I sing. I've gotten used to it at this point but it wasn't easy as I've always been pretty shy about it.

"Okay."

We both kind of looked away, not knowing how to forward our conversation.

"Fuck! I just realized, I left the keys to my apartment along with the equipment."

Roger looked over to me, as if he was begging for some sort of response. I leaned in a bit closer to the table being the sympathetic pleaser as I am.

"If this is your way of asking to stay the night, then you got it I guess."

And the worst part is, that wasn't the first time I had used those words before. The happy mood I was in slightly faded from thinking about that.

"Really? That wasn't as hard as I imagined. I can take the couch."

In that moment I started to search my brain for ways to change the conversation.

"I must say, you have really gorgeous eyes. I feel like I'm starring into an ocean when I look at them. Did that sound strange? I'm sorry that sounded a bit strange."

I attempted to avoid eye contact with him, but it was hard to resist. My heart wanted me to fall in love with Roger, but my brain didn't. It didn't take long for me to realize that I wanted him too. But was too terrified of getting him.

"Not in the slightest bit. Aubrey, I should've said this to you the second time we had an encounter. But I think you're really cool."

My eyes lit up like fireworks. But I didn't stop and think for one second, is that what he says to all the girls?

"I like you too, Rog."

Later that night

For the first time in a long time, I felt free. Free of responsibility. I had all of the windows rolled down on my car, just so I could have my hair blowing gracefully in the wind. We made our way from the diner to my apartment.

"Where are my bloody sunglasses? I could've sworn I put them in the back on this car.."

I said trying to locate the pricey pair that was gifted to me from my grandmother. I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Roger, who was wearing the sunglasses I was looking for.

"You better not stretch those! I really like them."

And it was in that very moment that he pulled my waist closer to his and leaned in for a kiss. It seemed just like a dream. It was just Roger and I in the pale moonlight. And before I knew it, the kisses just kept getting intenser. I used the little time I had in between kisses to catch my breath.

A short silence came about as I took off my shirt once we had made it to my bedroom. But our lips met once again. The sexual tension between us kept on building up. I never knew I needed this so much until now. My bright red bra was lifted from my body.

"Are you sure you wanna-"

"Yes."

Hello! Wow, we're almost at 100 reads! That's crazy, thank you so much. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this chapter even though it's super shit. It's been hard finding time to write since school started but thanks for reading! 💘