chapter twenty-seven; love of my life

Fourteen years later
Rio De Janeiro, 1985

While we stood backstage glancing at the stage from behind, I couldn't be more proud of Roger for all he had accomplished. From pubs to sold out arenas, Queen had breached the rules and boundaries of rock n roll forever.

"What song are they doing next, mom?"

My attention was brought over to my daughter of fourteen years, Catalina Taylor.

"I'm not quiet sure, I guess we just have to keep watching the show."

When the song they had just played came to an end, Roger behind the drum kit glanced over to us. Exchanging a large smile. Catalina and I were lucky enough to come along the band for Rock in Rio, a giant music festival taking place in the gorgeous country of Brazil.

"I'm so glad I got to skip school for this."

"Consider yourself lucky, I don't think I'm gonna let you skip this much school again. But I am glad you got to skip for this occasion."

"Me too mom."

Since Catalina was born, my life turned around for the better. It truly changed everything in the best way possible. In the beginning, I was saddened that Roger got to live out his dreams of being a rockstar and I didn't. But that's life.
I continued with Uni and got a degree in psychology, with I actually used as a career. I also still kept contact with Harry and Jane, two of my best friends in the entire world. And Joyce and I decided to turn over a new leaf when we began mutual friends once more.

Unexpectedly, I spotted Roger moving the microphone closer to his rosy lips, like he was preparing to say something.

"I'd like to dedicate this next one to my wife and daughter, Aubrey and Catalina. They're both backstage. I'm dedicating this song to them because they truly are, the loves of my life."

Roger along with the other members turned over to the two of us, but all I could think about was Roger. The crowd cheered and whistled, preparing to hear the song written over ten years ago.

Brian gently plucked his acoustic guitar, while Freddie stood in the front near him.

Love of my life, you've hurt me
You've broken my heart and now you leave me
Love of my life, can't you see?
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me, because you don't know what it means to me

Silently crying out of pure joy in one arm, I held Catalina close to me with the other. Freddie didn't either bother to sing because the audience was already doing it for him. Never in my life had I seen such an engaged audience. Everyone was singing the lyrics to the love ballad, even being in a foreign country.

You will remember
When this is blown over
And everything's all by the way
When I grow older
I will be there by your side to remind you
How I still love you

I knew I wasn't the only one absolutely blown away once I saw everyone's expression. Deaky, Brian, Freddie, and Rog were all amazed by the way everyone in the crowd sung every word. It was the most beautiful thing. It felt as if we were experiencing one of the most incredible things in rock n roll history.

Later that night

"Roger, that was incredible!"

Roger and I all went into a tight hug after the show was over, while Catalina was off chatting with Freddie. All of us blown away.

"Everyone in that audience, they were all singing to you and Catalina. Because although I may not show it as much as I should. Both of you girls are the loves of my life, and I'd be nothing without you two."

"Roger, you and Cat are my world. And I love you both so much. That last song out there was the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed in my entire life. Thank you for bringing me so much joy in these last years."

Catalina joined in the conversation, with a bright smile and passion in her eyes.

"Daddy that was amazing!"

"Did you enjoy the show?"

Rog asked, resting his hands over her shoulders.

"Of course I did, I loved it. My favorite so far."

"I'm with you on that."

I chimed in.

"Wow what a night. What do we think of going out to a nice dinner right now?"

Roger asked before Catalina and I looked at each other, giving an approving expression.

"We're in!"

"Awesome, lets get the band to come with us?"

"Sounds like a plan to me."

The three of us walked off, as a family. With a memory none of us would ever forget for the rest of our lives. While we made our way over to the band, I couldn't stop thinking of the early days. When we were younger, we'd just live for the fun. From when Roger and I first met at the pub during New Year's Eve, to now. A lot can happen in a span of fifteen years. It's funny how just one person can change your life completely. Just like Roger did to me, taught me love and forgiveness.

Not to mention the best thing that ever happened to me, Catalina, my daughter. I smiled excitedly, curious for what the future had to offer me. But for now, I was enjoying the present with the love of my life, Roger Taylor.

The End

Authors note

Hey everyone! I know, I know, it's the end of the book and I'm really sad to end it too but some things just can't last forever. I'm so thankful for the amount of reads this book has been getting and I can't think you guys enough for insane support this book has been getting. From the votes to the sweet comments, it all feels so surreal.

I started this book in New Years Eve of 2018 and I never expected it to go this far. I'd written books in the past but all of which uncompleted. So thank you once more!

With peace and love, take care everyone

❤️❤️❤️

berryfieldsforever, now signing off...