Observant Neighbor

Scarlet's pov

Finally when we went home, Jared had excused himself up to his room and I was ready to leave and be sick at the sappy looks my sister kept shooting Jared. I almost felt bad but I also didn't really care who my sister decided to spread her diseases too. She had probably slept with half the school back home.

I went into my new bathroom and stared at my pale face in the mirror. My green eyes look bright even through they were dark green. I tug my hair down and run a brush through the snares and retie it and pull off my shirt so I was in a sports bra. I grab my workout shorts and tugged them on after discarding my pants. I went over to the bathroom door and start doing pull-ups. 

My mind flashes back to the nightmare of a trip. Mom had sent most of our stuff ahead on the plane and paid somebody to haul our stuff into a U haul. It had been waiting for us at the airport when we got off the plane. We had brought some of our supplies with us from what we hadn't sent ahead. The plane ride had been boring and Jordan had been pissed there hadn't been cell service on the plane. 

I grimace and exhale harshly as I pull myself up again and again, still pulling myself up when I was drenched with sweat and in need of a shower. My loose strands of hair were sticking to my face and my arm and ab muscles flex as I pull myself up, my ankles were crossed and I try to keep my breathing steady. 

I feel like I was being watched and I dropped to the ground and grab a hand towel, wiping my sweaty face off. I glance around my room and spot the window with no curtain and frown when I notice that the window has a clear view of my bathroom door. 

I move toward my window and wiped the window off and saw the neighbor boy, Jared, watching me. I scowl and drape the towel over my shoulder as I fought the window open. It folded back, and the window would be super easy to crawl in and crawl out of. Jared opened his window and peeked his dark head out. 

"Why are you staring at me through my window?" I demand, irritated. 

He cocked his dark head, "I've never seen a girl do pull-ups so effortlessly before. The girls at Seaside High are shy about that kinda thing."

I scowl again. "Doesn't mean you should watch a half naked girl in her bedroom." 

He grins, a cocky I'm-such-a-rebel-grin. "I've seen worse. Most girls don't look as you do though." 

I glare at him. "Are you trying to flirt with me? Because it's not gonna happen." 

He gives me a cocky grin. "Only if you want me too, just say the word." 

I hate the way he manages to keep his eyes on my face when I kept looking at his shirtless appearance. He was wearing loose sweatpants that make me appreciate his well defined abs, and shoulders. It may be dark but I wasn't blind.

"You wish," I snap out. 

He raises a dark brow, "Your checking me out. I'm not stupid." 

"You seem stupid."

He leans back in his window. "I'm smarter than you." 

I grab the top of my window. "Stop stalking me, I don't appreciate the window talk. Some girls might fall at your feet but leave me alone." I close the window and lock it. He's still staring at me as I grab a towel and went to the bathroom to shower. 

To be continued...

I will be editing throughout my work as I go along.
I hope you enjoyed reading the beginning of Scarlet's story and I look forward to seeing your feedback.