The Truth

Jared's pov

Once I got Scarlet home she doesn't look too good. Her face is an awful gray color and she's clearly trying not to cry. She doesn't say anything when she gets out of the car and she doesn't grab her bag. 

Her mom thanks me for driving her and disappears into the house. I grab Scarlet's bag and mine, tossing them over my shoulder, I carry them into my house. 

Jessica and Jordan are sprawled out on the couch and then scramble apart when they notice me. Jessica runs her fingers nervously through her hair. "How was the match?" 

I shrug. "It was good. We won. Styx only hit her opponent once and she was out. Scary." 

Jordan smiles. "Yeah, it is scary." 

I smile and shudder when I'm up in my room. My mind couldn't get rid of the fact that Scarlet had taken down a fully grown man. She is five foot seven and watching her take down her dad was startling. Her face had been murderous too. I toss her bag on top of mine, take a quick shower, and change into black sweatpants and faded black shirt. So it was more gray.

My hair is still a mess but it wasn't like anyone was going to see me so I don't really care. The Miles kid clearly liked Scarlet but her disgust was clear. I would be pretty disgusted too. 

I lay down on my bed and almost jump out of my skin when I hear, plink, plink, plink

I sit up and see something white keeps hitting my window. I go over to my window and see Scarlet with her hair pulled back from her face and her eyes are red. She is crying, or was. She's wearing my sweatpants and a thin white tank top with clearly nothing under it. 

She's not smiling but she still looks beautiful. It's funny that there are a bunch of girls that would kill for my attention and the only girl I wanted to give it to is the dangerous girl next door. The girl that could take down a grown man. Her green eyes are darker than usual and haunted. "Can I talk to you?" 

I lean out my window, "Sure." 

She moves away from her window and I know what she wants me to do. "I'm not you Styx. I won't make that jump." 

She's still not smiling. "You'll make it. I have a faith." 

"How long will you want me over there for?" 

She looks tired. "Until morning." 

My face heats up. "I'll be right back then I'll head over." 

Scarlet nods and I know that she's watching me while my backs turned. I toss clothes in a bag and shoot a text to mom, letting her know I was at Kylar's for the night. 

She holds her hand out and I shake my head and toss her my bag. She drops it and steps back. I shake my head when I look out my window and look at her. I bite the inside of my cheek and close my window behind me and try to balance. 

I jump and nearly miss her window ledge, she grabs my hand, and pulls me through her window. Sometimes I think our houses are too close. 

Her room is painted white and her bed isn't made. There are books everywhere and clothes all over the floor. A desk is in the corner and her school bag is hanging off of it. Her door is closed and I assumed, locked. 

She's watching me silently and biting her lip hard enough that she's starting to make it bleed. I catch her chin. "Hey, what's up?" 

Scarlet looks away. "I wanted to tell you about London. Knowing my dad, that's not the last time you'll be seeing him around." She gets a hard look in her eyes. "I want you to know that if my dad comes near my family or yours, I'll kill him."