The Intruder

Jared's pov

Scarlet's face turns gray after the figure in her bathroom turns around. I recognize her from the boxing match. Judy Moore.

"What are you doing here?" Scarlet's voice is cold and it sends chills down my spin. As friendly as she has been, it's hard to remember that she isn't like me. Had a way harder life than me. 

Judy rolls her hazel eyes and pushes her hood down. "Your dad was a afraid of getting shot." She stares pointedly at the gun. "I can see why." She grins nastily at Scarlet. "Though, I don't think you'll shoot me." 

Scarlet's face goes blank and she lowers the gun to Judy's knee. "Don't test me. I killed somebody, you really think shooting my old friend in the knee is going to change anything." 

Judy smirks at me. "I see that hottie here knows about your murderous nature." 

I step in front of Scarlet as she raises the gun. The barrel presses against my chest and she blinks and steps back. "Don't. She's not worth it."

Judy snorts. Scarlet tucks the gun in the back of her pants and I press a light kiss to her forehead. I turn around and grab Judy's arm. "You are not allowed in here. You're trespassing." I turn to Scarlet and grin. "Call the cops." 

***

An hour after Scarlet calls the cops, Judy is in the cruiser and Ally is finally home. The cops are talking to her and another is looking around the house. They take pictures of the busted door and the muddy prints on the floor. 

It turns out that Judy had been wearing a pair of Daniel's boots. A car pulls up in front of the house and Miles, Julia, and Daniel spill out. I see Scarlet's hand slide under her shirt and know that her fingers curl around the handle of the gun. 

Without thinking, I reach towards her and pull her into a kiss. I reach around her, tug her shirt down and grab her hands. She stiffens and pulls away. "My mom and dad are here. You can't do that." 

I keep a grip on her hands, "Well I did. You can't do that while the cops are sniffing around your house. They'll arrest you for having a weapon." 

"It was self defense." She says crossly. 

"Yeah well you didn't tell them that you have a weapon on your person. Or that you held her at gunpoint. You'd still get in trouble." 

She looks over at her mom, who is watching us with a shocked look on her face, then to her dad who is watching her stonily. She gives him an unfriendly grin before leaning up and kissing me.

I don't stop her as her arms go around my neck. I place my hands on her lower back to keep the gun hidden. Somebody clears their throat and she breaks away from me. Ally is looking at me before her eyes flicker to Scarlet.

"You have my gun?" She mutters. 

Scarlet looks around and I slide the gun out from under her shirt and hide it behind my back. "Behind me Ally." I talk out of the side of my mouth when I see Daniel looking over at us. Ally takes the gun just as a female officer comes over to us. 

"Miss Moore says you threatened her with a gun. The gun she says is in Miss Green's possession." 

Ally smiles charmingly, "My gun was on me all day at work. I don't keep a gun in the house unless I'm home." 

Scarlet looks at the officer with wide innocent eyes. "I can't shoot a gun. I was so scared when I went up to my room and saw the bathroom light on. Thankfully my boyfriend was there and helped with the situation and I was able to call you guys." Scarlet had an excellent poker face as she says it.