7.

Louis

"Damn it!"

Louis is currently in his room playing FIFA, and things are not going well at all. He loses all the time, but whether it's his fault or his head, which is only full of thoughts, he doesn't know.

After losing one more time, he closes the game and slumps into his chair. He had hoped that all thoughts had stopped by now and that he could think about it calmly, but that doesn't seem to work.

He sighs.

He tries to process everything as best as possible, but it doesn't work, which was to be expected. His parents told yesterday that they are getting a divorce, which immediately hit the house as a blow. Nobody saw it coming, well actually they did, but nobody dared to admit it. 

Now they all had to choose where they wanted to live, which wasn't an easy choice for Louis. He loved his father so much, and loved to play soccer together, but on the other hand, he also loved his mother very much and would not be able to live without her. So to choose between the two is an impossible choice, a choice he would rather not make. Yet he has to do that, and there is not much time to think about it, his father is leaving for his new house tomorrow morning.

His thoughts are interrupted by his phone lighting up, meaning he has a message. He opens the message and sighs when he sees what it says.

Harry Styles just posted on insta

Yeah, about that... Harry and he are known on the internet to hate each other, but actually he doesn't hate him as much as he shows. It happened about a few months ago when the first fights started between his parents. They were getting worse by the day and he couldn't bear to hear that. He'd told Liam and Zayn, because of course, they're his best friends (whom he met on the internet) but he still needed a better distraction. That's why he started putting stupid comments under his post and that's how it went on. It wasn't even such a good distraction, but they continue to "hate" each other.

So yeah, this all is fucked up.

Just as he is starting his game again -not knowing what else to do- someone opens his room door softly. When the door is fully open, he sees his mother standing in the doorway. She closes the door behind her as she walks into the room.

"Hey darling." 

When he doesn't say anything back, his mother sighs and sits down next to him on the bed. Louis already knows what she wants to say and Louis doesn't want to hear it. He has to make his choice now, and he just doesn't know it yet. He doesn't want to go with his father, leaving his mother and sisters behind, but he also doesn't want his father to leave. Why can't they just try again, but try even harder this time?

"I know u don't want to choose between me and your father, but you need to make a decision, whether you like it or not. Just sitting here, playing games is nog going to chance a thing. We're getting a divorce and you'll have to make a choice. And that doesn't mean you won't see me or your father anymore, just not every day." Louis still doesn't say anything, which makes his mother sigh again. She knows it's hard for him, but he has to make a choice. Tomorrow his father will leave and then he must have made a choice.

"Your sisters chose to stay with me and then go to your father on the weekends. You have until tomorrow morning to make your choice, okay? And we won't get mad whatever choice you make. The food is also almost ready, so will you come down in a bit?"

He nods. His mother presses a kiss to his forehead and then makes her way to the door.

"Mom?"

His mother turns questioningly and is startled when Louis flies into her arms. "I love you, and I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize for anything, I get it. All of this is hard, which is understandable. I love you too honey." After one last kiss on his forehead, Louis lets go of his mother, and she walks back downstairs. 

After sitting in his room for another ten minutes, thinking, he made his choice. He goes with his father to Cheshire, where he wants to make a fresh start. He has never had many real friends here, and coincidentally, Liam and Zayn live there too. Of course he will miss his mother and sisters, but he knows that this is a good choice for him.

Feeling good about his choice, he walks downstairs to let his parents know his decision, and to eat.

+ + + +

The story from Louis's side!

The next chapters will be insta posts or conversations between the boys.

If you see something that is not quite well written, please let me know, that can help me a lot. Because I normally never write in English so some things can be spelled wrong.

Thankss,

xx