Chapter Seven - Sink or Swim

"Where are we marking our territory?" Shayla questions ready to place down our beach chairs.

I place my hand up shielding my eyes with my hand "Let's go over there" I say pointing my finger to the right side of the sand where there is a less crowd of people.

Although it's still so many people here. It really is like the beach with the sand leading to the lake along with the boat rides and jet ski's offered.

We all set up our chairs and placed the umbrella in the ground to give ourselves some shade while sitting out here.

"Where are the boys?" Jaz asked as we laid in the beach chairs with our swim suits on enjoying the sun.

While eating dinner yesterday we mentioned we were heading to the lake today. In which warranted a response from the guys saying how they got no invitation once again.

Usually they have games on Saturday. So we didn't know.

But they stated how this week was a bye week. And of course Kayden bantered with me saying I would have known that if I looked at the schedule he gave me.

"I don't know they should be here by now." I say enjoying the view of the lake.

Shayla looked over at me "The swim suit is giving" she said to me smiling.

"Even with the cover up?" I ask her.

"Yes even with the cover up." She smiles patting my leg and I chuckle in response.

"Aye the three Mouseketeers." I hear Jace voice's. We all collectively turn around to see the guys approaching us.

"Why are y'all approaching us like this is a bay watch episode?" Shayla questioned teasing them.

I mean it was funny. I give her credit. They came ready to swim with their shirts off and swim shorts on. Of course six packs showing I guess being a athlete pays off.

"If we look good just say that. Don't hate." Moose teased. Which resulted in Shayla shaking her head in laughter.

The boys sat their chairs up next to Jaz. So the seating arrangement is Moose next to Jaz while Kayden and Jace are on the other side of moose. While Shayla and I sit on the other side of Jaz.

Moose then stood up "Alright I'm diving in" he said before making his way into the lake.

Jace then follows right behind him "I gotta watch him. I'll hate to have a Florida repeat."

Next went Shayla with Jaz right in tow leaving Kayden and I still in our beach chairs.

Kayden then rose from his seat making his way to Jaz's seat to sit beside me.

He motioned his head towards the water "You gonna get in?"

I placed a stray strand of hair that fell out of my messy bun behind my ear "Yeah. Coming with me."

"Yeah I'm waiting on you." He said matter of factly.

I then took off my cover up and stood up making my way into the water with Kayden in tow.

"Finally y'all get in" Moose yells. "We want to do the jet ski's" he says.

Kayden and I locked eyes with eachother before laughing. I guess we both though about the time he told me what happened in Florida with the Jet ski's.

"No horse play man. I can't have you riding on the back of my ski again." Kayden responds in amusement.

We all then went to check out Jet ski's. Us girl's decided that we would let the guys drive while we just enjoy riding on the back.