epilogue: a bunny & her tiger

"HEY, WHO'S THAT CUTE

     girl that's rushing down the halls?", one of the new first-years questioned with a grin.

     "dunno. want to find out?", the other shrugged.

the two boys started following the girl, only to immediately halt in the middle of their steps upon seeing who she was going towards.

     waiting at the front entrance of the school was the infamous itadori sukuna. although this was their first year here, the incoming first-years had already heard various rumors about the vicious second-year.

     "n-no way...is he going to punch her?", one of the guys whispered.

     upon chiyo greeting sukuna with a tug of his sleeve, the latter had bent down with a grin and kissed the girl's cheek.

     the two first-years nearly screamed before scrambling away, for they had felt sukuna's piercing gaze give them a warning to scatter before things turned nasty.

     "sukuna!! I thought I said no kissing in public...", chiyo quietly whined, to which her boyfriend had just sighed.

     "what's the point of having a cute girlfriend if I can't tease her?"

     although the two have been dating for a couple of months now, chiyo was still as bashful as ever.

     "alright alright, now let's get to orientation before that white paintbrush nags about how I made you late", sukuna reminded.

     "oh right!! it's my first day as a third-year. isn't that exciting?!", chiyo exclaimed, for after this year, she would pursue a further education at a nearby university.

     "sure", sukuna shrugged, proudly holding chiyo's hand as the two headed towards the school's biggest auditorium.

     "anyways, after, let's go to the aquarium", sukuna smiled.

     "the aquarium? I love the aquarium!! what suddenly made you want to go there though?", chiyo asked.

     "just because", sukuna vaguely answered, not wanting his girlfriend to know that it's because she looked absolutely adorable watching all the tiny fish swim around and around.

dropping his girlfriend off at the third-years' row of seats, sukuna gave chiyo a wave before heading to where the second-years sit.

     "I'll see you later", he called out, before twisting his face into his natural scowl again.

     chiyo dreamily sighed, as maki and mai just shook their heads, still wondering how their best friend had ended up with that.

     "how odd", mai mumbled to her sister.

     "as long as they're happy", maki retorted.

     after all, itadori sukuna was known for many things: a troublemaker, a bully, and even a smartass. but to chiyo, he was a softie.

     to chiyo, he was the tiger to her bunny.

{end}