Chapter 13: Please

Elizabeth

My body was bleeding and throbbing as I laid on the cold cement floor. I was no longer even attempting to move, mostly due to the fact that I was trying to prepare myself for what was about to happen. That man, that evil yet familiar man, said he had a "surprise" for me and last time he said that, I met his dear friend aka the whip.

"Darling." He was ready for me. He had a weird fetish of calling me darling. The word made my skin crawl and it left a bad taste on my tongue. The man sighed and yanked me off of the ground, making me yelp in pain. Once he heard my sign of weakness I saw him smile, as if he were proud of himself.

"Please just kill me." I whispered. I felt ready to die, I had nothing else to live for. The rejection was still fresh in my mind, that wound would surely never heal. I would never be the same without my mate and I was ready to just leave the pain of facing everyday.

"Ah, I can't do that. Your little mate is throwing quite a fit. He wants to see you." The man smirked at me, making me want to throw up. My mate? I couldn't consider him my mate anymore, he didn't want me. He sure seemed to love that red head though, at least that's what she said.

I was then led through a series of hallways and doors, until we reached a silver one. It stood out, it wasn't wood like all the others. The scent of Cameron was even stronger, signaling that he was just beyond that thick silver.

"Mate!" Marie squealed. That was the first time she had spoken to me since we were captured. I could feel her pain though, being near him got her hopes back up. Little did she know that he was probably only here to complete the rejection. The man swung the door open.

There he was, chained up to a wall with his head down. I hadn't been expecting that sight. I was expecting him to be standing there smirking at my pain. Once he realized that he had company, his gaze snapped straight to me. I could see him fighting to hold back his wolf as his eyes were changing to red every few seconds. His eyes glassed over and it looked that he was no longer there, like he wasn't actually processing what was happening around him. That confused me, he looked powerless.

"We gave him some magic medicine, he can't see or hear you. He can only respond to my voice." The man seemed pleased with his work, making me sick to my stomach. I closed my eyes and tried to imagine myself in a better place. There was a loud bang from outside and I jumped. The man growled in anger and threw me to the floor. I just laid there, watching Cameron stare down at me. He was growling and pulling against the restraints.

He looked like he wanted to kill me.

_____________________________

Hunter

"We found them." I said to Derek as we marched down the hallways. I could smell both Cameron and Elizabeth. Their blood was tainted with something but I couldn't tell what. The others were taking out the other guards and I had chosen Derek to come with me to save his brother and our future Luna.

"Hello boys." A gross looking man announced cheerfully.

"You sick son of a bi-" Derek's words were cut off by him pouncing on the man. "Go get them."

I ran to the end of the hall. Cameron was on top of Elizabeth, growling and nipping.

He wasn't him. He wasn't in control of himself, he would never do that by choice. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger on my pistol. I heard a yelp and I opened my eyes. I had shot him in the leg and he was off of her. She was bloody and sobbing. I rushed over to her, trying to ignore the fact that I had just shot my best friend and alpha.

"Hunter?" A very confused Cameron said as I checked the pulse of his mate. Her blood was getting everywhere but there was no one source of it. She was bleeding from several places and she was too weak to heal herself. Cameron crawled over and gently pulled her into his lap, protectively away from my touch.

"I'll go get help." I said and I ran out. Derek nodded once as I passed him, signaling that it was safe. He was covered in blood, but it wasn't his own.

_____________________________________

Cameron

"Please. Please be okay." I rocked back an forth gripping on to her now limp body. "I didn't mean to hurt you, please. None of this was meant to happen. Right now I'm supposed to be watching movies with you, watching you get scared of every loud noise. Please, just wake up. I won't let you get hurt again. For you I won't even drink, look where it has got us now. I'll do anything for you." I sobbed and buried my face in her neck. She wasn't moving, I couldn't even feel her breathing. "Please. I love you. So much. I want- no I need you to wake up. I can't live without you."