Chapter Sixty-Eight

Songs for this chapter:
This Love - Taylor Swift

Chapter Sixty-Eight:

"Wait! Can we get one more photo with all four of you?" my dad requests, still holding his phone up pointed towards Charlie, Jasmine, Bryce and I.

We all groan in response to the question, seeing as it feels like we've already taken a trillion pictures by now, but we pose for one more which makes him happy.

The past months just slipped away from me; exams are somehow already over, school graduation is closer than I ever could have imagined, and our senior prom starts in exactly twenty-seven minutes.

Jasmine and Charlie make a move to walk away from the staircase where we were posing and towards the front door, but my dad stops them with a curt shake of his head.

"How about one with just you two? It's crazy to see how much all of you have grown. I remember the days when I looked out the kitchen window and into the backyard to see you four running around like maniacs together. I can't believe that you're all going off to college so soon," my dad comments, and although he's being overly-sentimental, it is sweet.

Bryce takes my hand, guiding me out of the way so that Dad can get a picture of Jasmine and Charlie.

They aren't really together yet, but I can tell how much they both adore each other by the way they stare at one another.

"You look so hot. It's crazy," I tell Bryce quietly.

Once we're a little farther away from everyone else, he beams down at me, placing his hands on my waist to draw my body nearer to his.

"Thank you. I wore a suit for you even though I fucking hate them with a burning passion," he tells me in a teasing tone, and I giggle as he bends down to kiss me on the forehead.

The heels that I'm wearing tonight minimise our height difference by the tiniest bit, but he always towers over me, and I've realised that that's never going to change.

I rest my hands on Bryce's chest, trailing my fingertips down the length of his tie. He's wearing all black apart from the red tie to match my dress, and I appreciate that he actually though about that; he was the one who helped me pick out my dress after all, but still.

"What's your favourite colour? I don't have any preference so I have no clue which colour dress I should wear," I ask Bryce, removing my hand from his to run my fingers along a satin pastel blue dress.

"Red, obviously. Why else would I drive around a red truck?" Bryce responds, and I laugh as I spin around to face him once again.

"You paid for that truck yourself, did you?" I ask him, to which he nods.

"You make a lot of money, huh? You still haven't told me how much you make," I then add on, to which Bryce rolls his eyes at me.

He takes my face between his hands, tilting my head up to look at him.

"I don't think that you want to know, darling. You could easily go online to find out how much I make, but you haven't," Bryce says with a slight smirk on his lips, and I bite down on the inside of my cheek.

He's exactly correct; I feel like it would hinder my opinion of him a little bit, which I really don't want at all.

"That's not true," I lie, to which he just taps me on the nose with a huge grin on his face.

"Sure it's not. But going back to your question, I like red. I would appreciate if you wore red," Bryce then says, and I nod, looking around to see if I can locate any red dresses.