Chapter 9

When Louis finally gets back to the bus, one bandana more than when he left, he finds Harry kneeling by Paul's feet in the games room with Liam, Niall and Zayn all playing some video game very intently.

Louis rolls his eyes and swings his back pack off to the floor, the bandana secured safely inside, before walking over to Paul and Harry, trying to push away the flare of jealousy he gets seeing his sub kneeling for someone else.

He's not your sub, a voice in Louis' head taunts, the Dom just pushing it away.

"I'll take it from here," Louis says sternly, not returning the smile Paul gives him and rolling his eyes again when the man gets up and heads to the front of the bus.

"Louis-"

"You're supposed to be kneeling, Harry. We don't talk when we're kneeling, do we?" Louis asks shortly, sitting down in front of the sub so Harry is almost sitting between his legs.

Harry looks back down to his lap sadly. "No, Sir."

"Good boy. How much longer do you have left?"

"Five minutes, sir," Harry says quietly.

He'd thought that Louis would be there when he woke up, and he hadn't. But that's fine because Louis is an adult and is probably very busy.

So he'd thought when he finally got back he'd at least get a cuddle or something, screw the kneeling, and he hadn't gotten that either. 

And just now Louis had sounded so cold to him, like he was mad at him about something and he didn't even know what it was he'd done.

Annoyingly, Harry could feel himself getting upset and his eyes were beginning to water. Which, absolutely not, he was not going to cry over something so stupid and pathetic.

He kneels there for a few more minutes, trying to take calming breaths and not work himself up, until Louis speaks up again.

"Okay, Haz. You're times up. You wanna come for a cuddle?" Louis asks quietly, stroking a hand through the subs hair.

Harry looks up at him, eyes wide as he tries to work out whats wrong with him. "Um, yes, please."

Louis smiles fondly and pulls Harry up into his lap, wrapping his arms around him tightly. "You had a good morning?"

Harry relaxes into Louis' arms, glad to finally have some kind of contact with him. "Not really. You weren't there when I woke up," he says in a small voice.

Louis frowns as he detangles Harry's curls. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. You were asleep before I could tell you last night that you'd have to sleep with Niall. It's not a problem is it?"

"No, it's not a problem that it's Niall. I just didn't like not being told where I was gonna sleep," Harry whispers, nuzzling his head into Louis' neck further.

"Okay, darling, thank you for telling me. I'm sorry, next time I'll make sure to let you know, yeah? Good boy for telling me how you felt, Harry, you should always tell me if you're uncomfortable with something," Louis says softly.

Harry nods and closes his eyes, relishing in the comfort Louis is finally giving him. "Are you mad at me?" he finally asks quietly, not able to hold it in any longer.

Louis freezes momentarily, looking up to the other boy's who are clearly eavesdropping and all give him a look of confusion. "No, sweetheart, of course I'm not. Why would you think that?"

The Sub shrugs, feeling small in Louis' arms. "Dunno. Don't worry, forget I said anything."

"Hey, no, c'mon," Louis says as he pulls Harry back from his chest to look him in the eye, "Tell me what's wrong, please," he says sternly.