ANOTHER WORLD

"Hey, princess," Zayn said. We were in the tour bus, in the living room. The other boys were sitting around us. "I need to talk to you, and I need you to not freak out."

"Um, okay? Is something wrong?" Zayn sighed at my question and leaned back into the couch. His hand covered his face.

"Everything's wrong," he said, "I just- I don't know how I'm supposed to say this."

"Zayn," I pleaded quietly.

"I'm leaving the band," Zayn said. I blinked in surprise. "I have to leave here for my flight in a few minutes. I'm not continuing on with the tour. I'm leaving."

"You can't just leave," I said, "you can't just leave in the middle of your tour. You can't," I argued.

"Princess-"

"Zayn, please don't leave," I whispered. I grabbed onto his knee and he grabbed my wrist. "Please stay?"

He stood up, and I stood up with him. "I have to go, Princess."

I ignored him talking, and wrapped my arms around his waist. He hugged me back tightly. We rocked back and forth a bit.

"You promised you wouldn't forget about me," I whispered.

"I won't, okay? I'll call you when I'm ready."

"No," I said. "No, Zayn, please don't leave-" My voice cracked. Zayn smoothed my hair over my head and then grabbed onto my biceps to pull me off. "Look at me, Zayn. Look at me and stay."

Zayn searched my face. "I'm sorry, Princess, I have to go."

"Zayn-"

"Can someone grab her, please?" Zayn asked. Niall stood up and wrapped his arms around me. Zayn pulled away. I grabbed onto the fabric of his t-shirt. "Let go, Mickey."

"No," I said, shaking my head, "you can't go, Zayn, no! Please stay with us!"

"I'm sorry," Zayn said. He grabbed my wrists and pried my hands away from his shirt. He pushed them into my chest and Niall grabbed onto them. Zayn kissed my forehead. He and I were both crying at that point. "I love you, Princess. I'm gonna leave now, okay?"

"No," I said desperately. Zayn took a step back. "No!" He turned around. "Zayn, no, don't leave!" He walked away. "Zayn!" I screamed.

The door to leave the bus opened and closed.

-

"Mickey!"

I sat up in my bunk. Liam was already sitting up, and he held up his hands to make sure my momentum wouldn't make us bonk heads. I looked around in shock.

"Peaches, Mickey, hey," Liam said. He had a hold of my shoulders and gave me a gentle shake.

"I..."

"Just take a second," Liam said softly. I took a deep breath and shook my head.

"That was fucking weird," I mumbled. Liam raised his eyebrows. "The dream was... like... what would have happened if Zayn talked to me before he left."

"Yikes," Liam mumbled.

"I don't think I would have taken it any better if he told me in person. Maybe him just up and leaving was better."

"I'm not sure that's true," Liam mumbled.

"Are the other boys recording?" I asked, eager to change the subject. Liam understood, so he nodded.