5 | Honestly!

Y/N

_

"SO THIS IS IT?" Louis asked, tilting his head to look up at the dormitory building.

I thought we would be walking for ages to get back to my place, but surprisingly it only felt like 5 minutes. I guess our conversation was intriguing enough to blind me from the passing of time.

"Yep," I nodded, "are you okay with waiting out here?"

"On the sidewalk?"

"Yeah, If you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all," he said politely, staring down at his feet, "I'll just...stand right here, then."

"Thanks, Louis," I smiled, turning and disappearing into the building.

Even though he seemed to be really sweet (and sometimes cheeky), it was probably safer not to let him into my dorm room when Sadie and Caleb weren't there. It wasn't him, it was just the unfortunate safety precautions of the world.

As I pulled out the keys to my room, I couldn't help but tilt my head in amusement. Something about him was so adorable. Like a golden retriever, but as a boy.

Yes, that's probably it.

The sweater was pinned up on the clothesline on the balcony, and to my relief, it had finished drying. It would be embarrassing to give Louis his clothes back...damp. It would make it seem like I had forgotten to wash it, and tried to do so as quickly as I could.

Which I didn't. I washed it yesterday out of pure consideration.

Tucking the sweater under my arm, I shut the door behind me, and began to hurry down the stairs. Louis was still waiting outside, rocking back and forth on both feet.

"Hey," I said, catching him off guard, "I'm back."

He smiled, "I can tell."

Rolling my eyes in amusement, I took out the sweater from my arm and handed it over to him. He didn't seem to be focused on it, because he kept his eyes on me as he took it from my hand.

"It smells a little like tea still," I laughed nervously, "I couldn't wash it out."

"That's okay."

Blinking, I opened my mouth to say something, but I didn't have any words to use. He came here for the sweater, he got the sweater, and that was it. Right?

"Well, I guess that's it then," I mumbled, clasping my hands behind my back, "goodbye Louis."

"Goodbye [y/n]."

"It was nice getting to know you."

"And you as well."

Giving him a polite nod of the head, I spun around and began to stalk awkwardly away from the boy. I wasn't sure why I felt like I was supposed to say something, since I didn't have anything to say, but there was something missing.

Maybe he forgot to say thank you?

I'm not entirely sure, maybe I should just move on from it—

"Hey!" I heard him call out, "wait!"

Spinning around to the sound of the boy's voice, I saw him standing sheepishly in the doorway. I had barely even gotten to the stairwell before he called me back.

"You know," he started, the sweater dangling from his hands, "you said you were going to be in London for a while."

I nodded my head, "I know."

"And you'll be leaving after the summer."

"I know that too."

"So out of pure curiosity," he smiled hopefully, "would you like to spend a day with me?"

I wasn't sure I heard him correctly.

Or maybe I did, and was just too surprised to confirm it for myself. Raising my eyebrows in interest, I took a step closer to the open door.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, hoping he'd continue.

"Would you like to spend a day with me?"

"A day?"

"Yes, a day."

I bit my lip, "why?"

Louis didn't hesitate to give me an explanation. Tying his sweater around his waist, he shoved his hands into his pockets. He looked half-excited, and half-anxious.

"If I'll be blunt," he explained, "I liked talking to you, you seemed to like talking to me...and I honestly want to see you again."

Wow. Honestly.

He said he honestly wanted to see me again, which clearly meant he wasn't lying. Which also clearly meant he liked talking to me. Widening my eyes in surprise, I tried to ignore the rosy shade appearing on my cheeks.

"I'm not sure I'll have any trouble seeing you again," I laughed softly, "considering you've already ran into me twice."

Louis chuckled, "how about we run into each other on purpose then?"

"Like a date?"

"I never said that," he stated, a grin creeping onto the side of his lips, "but sure, let's call it a date."

I think I may have accidentally said the wrong thing.

"Woah, I don't want it to be a date," I panicked, waving my hands around, "I was just asking if that's what you thought it was."

"Thought it was what?"

"A date."

"So you are suggesting it's a date."

"No!"

"Too late," he said, bobbing his head up and down, "you already suggested it!"

"Louis!"

Taking a step back, he prepared to start to leave in excitement. I was horribly confused on how the conversation ended up here, and I wasn't sure what to say.

"I'll meet you outside the theater!" He said, beginning to skip away, "four O' Clock for our date!"

"It's not a date!:"

"And why not?"

Trying to come up with an excuse, I let the first thing roll of my tongue, "because I don't date actors!"

Louis seemed to get a kick out of that, because he started to laugh. Sticking his hand up to his lips, he pretended to blow me a kiss, sending it straight in my direction.

"That's not true!" He said as he ran off, giving me a cheeky smile, "because tomorrow you're going on a date with me!"