13 | First Time For Everything

Y/N

_

SO HERE'S WHAT I KNOW.

Not much.

Five minutes ago, I was sitting on my apartment couch watching the news, when I got a text from Louis. I wasn't allowed to watch the auditions, so I just went back to the dorms. Picking up my phone I read the message. It was straightforward:

meet me outside tea shop

That was it.

Just that. No time, no directions, no emoji or punctuation in the shape of a face. I could only assume he meant the tea shop we went on our first date to, so I packed my things up and hurried out the door.

Walking to Sweet Leaves wasn't a difficult task, but it wasn't my favorite considering all of London decided to be out and about. The sidewalks were packed, the streets were littered with cars, and I swear I saw 20 planes fly overhead.

Eventually I saw Louis in the distance, two paper cups of tea in his hands. He must have been waiting.

"Hey, Jester Partridge," I grinned, skipping up to him.

He smiled back at me, "hey, Majesty."

As I came to a skidding stop, he held out one of the paper cups generously. I took it from his hands, steam floating out from the hole in the cap. It was still warm, which meant he must not have been waiting for too long. Thank gosh.

"Thank you," I said, "how did it go?"

"How did what go?"

"The audition."

He hesitated, taking a sip out of his cup of tea. While he was concocting words in his brain, I took the time to admire him (obviously). I had sent him pictures on Pinterest for the auditions, ones that might help him look the part, and we managed to come up with a great piece.

Black jeans, a silver chain that we borrowed from Caleb, a white short sleeve shirt with the top buttons parted openly for the rebel look, and a half slicked back hairstyle with one strand curled above his brow. We couldn't give him a sword, unfortunately, although Romeo was never without one in the play.

Louis cleared his throat, "well, I met Juliet."

I nodded my head, "okay."

"She was nice."

"I'm sure of it."

"And we read the lines, and it was fine," he explained, "and they were silent for a while, so I just thought that was my cue to leave. But before I could make it out the door, they stopped me."

I leaned in closer, "stopped you?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Oh, nothing important," he said, wiggling his eyebrows, "they just wanted to tell me I GOT THE PART!"

"LOUIS THAT'S AMAZING!"

Tossing our tea onto the bench next to us, we both started jumping up and down in excitement. At one point, louis picked me up and twirled me around in a circle, our squeals of excitement attracting the attention of passerbys'.

After a few minutes of screaming, he put me back down and we just stared at each other. Phew, I swear I almost lost my voice rejoicing so loud.

"Hi," he said, his breath heavy.

I smiled, "hi."

"You're my girlfriend."

"I'm your girlfriend."

"Oh my GOSH," he announced, looking up towards the sky, "I'm so freaking lucky!"

I rolled my eyes, elbowing him in the shoulder playfully. He could be so cheesy sometimes, and I loved it. As I leaned down to pick my tea back up, Louis grabbed my wrist and pulled me back upright.

He looked devious.

"On a serious note," he said, looking back at me, "is it alright if I kiss you?"

"What?"

"Could I kiss you?"

I'm not normally this stupid, but I just got so many butterflies in my stomach, that they seem to have taken my brain and floated off with it. Still in dreamy shock, all I could muster was the same question.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Jeez, [y/n]," Louis laughed, "I mean I want to kiss you. As in, I would like to put my lips on yours."

Yes.

Kiss.

Louis.

OH STOP IT BUTTERFLIES, I NEED TO GET AHOLD OF MYSELF!

I was starting to spiral, and that wasn't good at all. Even though Louis and I were technically dating already, I still couldn't bear embarrassing myself in front of him any longer. If I couldn't muster any words, I simply had to forget all conversation and just go for it.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him towards me and got lost from the world around me.

Then again, the world was nothing compared to Louis.