chapter thirteen

Ophelia stared at the alarm clock across from her. All night, she had been staring as the seconds ticked by. The clock now read 7:00, splayed out with big block letters that seemed to mock her.

That night, Ophelia did not sleep at all. It was not for lack of trying either. She was off her phone and in bed by midnight. Her brain just would not shut off. She was too excited from meeting her soulmates to truly settle down.

Another factor, she supposed, was that deep down, she did not want to face a dream without them. These past two months she had gotten so used to seeing them every night that even the prospect of them not being there was unbearable.

Groaning, Ophelia rubbed her eyes. She decided that enough was enough, she just was not getting any sleep at all. That was fine. She had gone longer without sleep.

She made her way downstairs and made a bowl of cereal for herself before logging in to Twitter. Her fans were asking her when she would stream, so she tweeted out 'I'll be streaming at 3 EST today! Chill stream today, no plan yet... Comment suggestions!' She kept the announcement in EST because she didn't want people knowing she was in California just yet. In her new time, it would be at noon, so she had a few hours to chill, maybe talk to Ranboo or Dream, code, and catch up on editing her new video. 

After a while of replying to people on Twitter and messaging her friends to let them know she might be a little inactive after her stream because of personal things, but to reach out if they needed her, she switched Twitter accounts. 

Ophelia had multiple Twitter accounts that she managed. Her main, an alt, and a private all under NovaXx, as well as two secret stan accounts, one for MCYT and one for 1D. It was just to keep up to date on things that were happening in each fandom. 

She didn't want to interact with the 1D side of Twitter at all, she just wanted to see if anything had been leaked from the previous day. The fandom was freaking out over all five of the boys being in LA at the same time, but it seemed as though no pictures from yesterday got leaked. She was unsure whether that was their doing or not, but she was appreciative anyway.

Finally logging out of Twitter, Ophelia instead went to messages. At the top, she could see the group chat she made with the boys last night. She chuckled as she looked at the names they entered for themselves. Of course, they would put boring ones. Ophelia decided to change them up. Thinking about the color conversation she had with Liam and Zayn the previous night, she knew exactly what to do. 

lewis 💙
zee 💛
li ❤️
nialler 🧡
hazzy 💚

After she was done with her cereal, she headed back upstairs to get ready for the day. Halfway through her normal makeup routine, her phone started ringing. She essentially launched herself across her bed to reach it. Seeing it was Liam, she answered immediately.

"Hi Li!" She greeted, excited to speak to her soulmate. She laid down on her stomach on the bed, rolling up in her fluffy blanket.

"Hi, Darling. How are you?" Ophelia blushed as Liam's morning voice came from the phone.

"I'm good! Didn't sleep that much but other than that I'm good," she replied as she put her phone on speaker.

"Why didn't you sleep?" Liam questioned his little soulmate, concerned for her wellbeing.

"Eh... Just couldn't. I don't know," Ophelia laughed, "I guess I just missed you idiots too much!"

"Your idiots." Liam protested, chuckling.

"My idiots," Ophelia repeated in confirmation.

"Anyway, why I called. Would you want to meet up with us today? Maybe for breakfast?"

"I mean I've already eaten... And I am streaming today at noon. That shouldn't take more than two hours though. I would love to meet up after that!" Ophelia offered, excited at the prospect of seeing her soulmates again.

"Perfect!"

"Li? Would it be possible to show me around LA? I mean I know the paps might be a problem..." Ophelia knawed on her bottom lip anxiously. She knew that it was unlikely she and her soulmates would be able to go into public together, but she wanted to at least try.

"Yeah... that might not be the best idea. Especially if all 5 of us go..."

Ophelia nodded, playing with her fingers. She'd expected that. "That's fine... we could just have a lazy day in?" Cuddling with them was not a bad option.

On the other side of the phone, Liam pinched the bridge of his nose. He wanted to give her everything, but he couldn't even show her around a city. "Yeah, that's great."

Ophelia hummed in response, flipping around to stare up at the white ceiling above her.

"Should we pick you up?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, I think that would be easiest... You still have the address?"

"Of course. So... I'll see you at around 2?"

"I'll text when I'm done streaming and you can come... and Liam?"

"Hmm?"

"I - I missed you" Ophelia murmured sincerely. She wished she never parted from them in the first place, but she is also very appreciative that they understand her need to take it slow. After all, she is only eighteen and this is her first relationship. And it's a big relationship. With five celebrities. A big jump from just being a regular teenager who happened to be a faceless streamer.

"I missed you too, Ophelia" Liam replied, just as sweetly.

"Bye, Li," Ophelia said as she went to hang up.

"Wait, I want to watch your stream! How do I?"

"I'm NovaXx on Twitch. I'll most likely just be playing Minecraft mini-games with my friends today. I'll send the link in the group chat if you'd like?"

"That would be great."

"Cool!"

"See you soon, lovely."

After the call, Ophelia finished getting ready before going downstairs. There, she found Diana and Cassie chatting while the kids were watching TV.

"Di? I'm streaming and then the guys are coming to pick me up. We are gonna hang out at one of their houses. Is that okay? I can stay if you need me to I guess, but I already made the plans..." Ophelia, feeling a bit anxious, started rambling. Thankfully, Diana answered her before she got too far. 

"Yeah, that's fine, Lia. I hope you have fun-" Diana began before getting interrupted by Cassandra.

"-Hopefully not too much fun," Cass interjected jokingly. At that, Ophelia blushed as red as a tomato.

"Cassandra," Diana said as a warning. Cass got up to leave, putting her hands up in defense. Diana then continued, "Be safe. I am only a phone call away if you need me." She reached across the couch to take a hold of Ophelia's hand, squeezing it affectionately.

"Yeah be safe and make sure to use protection! Remember the golden rule. Wrap it before you tap it." Cassie yelled from the other room before running upstairs.

"CASSIE!" Ophelia yelled as she leapt up and began to chase her sister down. "Get back here you little snake!"

Diana sighed as she asked her kids, "What am I going to do with them?" All she got in response were giggles. 

--

Short chapter before the hangout and the following dates!

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Predictions?

Love you all! xx