chapter sixteen

This is the dress Ophelia is wearing!

~~~~~

The next morning, Ophelia and the boys quickly ate breakfast before dropping her back off at Chris's place. Zayn had to plan their date and the others had work to get done. Ophelia didn't mind though, as she was excited to spend the day with her family.

Now, after a long day of playing with her nieces and nephew, Ophelia was freaking out. About an hour ago, she had received a text from Zayn:

zee 💛:
I'll come and pick you up at 6.

Ophie 💜:
ok! where are we going?
is there a dress code?

zee💛:
We're just going out to eat.
Anything you 
wear should be fine.

Ophie 💜:
zayn! i need more info than that!
is it fancy?

zee 💛:
A bit, yeah.
We'll be seated at the back so no one
should see you, sweetheart.
Don't worry about that.

Zayn wasn't helpful at all in her dilemma. He didn't want to give too much away so he opted to not give anything away. All he said was she would look good in anything. While flattering, she needed to know how to dress for this dinner.

Frantic, Ophelia enlisted the help of her older sisters, Diana and Cassandra. Chris quietly followed after, protective as always.

Ophelia wouldn't mind him tagging along, really. Out of her brother-in-laws, she was definitely closest to Chris. He and Diana took her and Cass in after their mom passed away. After that, Chris sort of stepped into a father-like role for Ophelia, something she had never had in her life.

There were downsides to hers and Chris's relationship, however. Since he saw her as another one of his kids, he treated her like it - protectiveness and all.

His behavior as she was getting ready for her first date with one of her soulmates was a perfect example of his over-protecting nature. Grumpily sitting on the bed, he vetoed every suggestion of an outfit.

"Too short."

"That's too low cut."

"Cassandra, no."

"Absolutely not."

At first, Ophelia humored him. She even agreed with his input a few times. However, now in the 10th outfit of the night, she was quickly getting tired. Chris was worse than Drista at the mall.

"Chris I know you're trying to look out for me, but you are literally turning everything down!"

"Well, why don't you let me pick your outfit out," Chris suggested.